Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone regretted getting a Performance M3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m more than happy with the ride and looks of the Uberturbines thank you!

It's not the looks or the ride quality. It's the fact they are 235/35R20s and they pop very easily and since they are stretched over the rims from the factory, the wheels bend very easily as well. This is a common issue on the M3P's here in the US. Our roads are pretty bad in most metro areas. We had some visiting instructors from the UK military and the first thing they told me was that the roads here are "for sh*t" haha

It's not the looks or the ride quality. It's the fact they are 235/35R20s and they pop very easily and since they are stretched over the rims from the factory, the wheels bend very easily as well. This is a common issue on the M3P's here in the US. Our roads are pretty bad in most metro areas. We had some visiting instructors from the UK military and the first thing they told me was that the roads here are "for sh*t" haha
Ah - fair enough! I wouldn’t say the roads here in the UK are that great, but it sounds like yours are even worse. The only time I’ve ever had a problem here is with that the bleedin’ runflats on a BMW. Think I had to replace 3 in the space of 2 years thanks to bulges in the walls of the tyre!

I looked at one in the car park when I went to a test drive and the wheels put me right off. I don't know whether it is the design of the wheels or the tyres used but there is NO WAY anyone could get through six months of driving those without scuffing them.
I’ve had my M3P for just over 3 years with 23k miles on the clock and my rims are as in as perfect a condition as they were when I picked the car up - it can be done 😊 And I love my MP3 too!

I've had mine six months / 7k miles now and don't regret it. The stretched tyre fitment is stupid though. I've scuffed/kerbed my nearside wheels three times, having never done this before in 35 years of driving. The first time was incredibly annoying because I was turning the wheel away from the kerb pulling out of a parking space!