Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone regretted getting a Performance M3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did it via a Service Request so your mileage may vary.

They asked for proof that it's an OEM spoiler and a photo of it on the car with the number plate visible. I submitted the eBay listing and that was sufficient.

No charge either.
Slightly off-topic, but in the interest of anyone else who goes down this road. I booked as an 'other service request' and attached the pic of it installed as above. It was booked in as a mobile visit for today (which I thought would be canceled nearer the time and they'll do it remotely). Tech came today, plugged in his laptop and updated the vehicle config, gave me a few goodies (colouring books, pens, and a flask), and was done in like 10 mins. The tech had said it originally had an estimated charge of £72.50 for 30 mins labour - I hadn't noticed this btw and the tech without me querying had already changed it to £9. IMO the goodies alone were worth the £9 :)
Thank you @JIBYC

IMG_20220215_144433.jpg

Reactions: Gatsojon and Durzel
Slightly off-topic, but in the interest of anyone else who goes down this road. I booked as an 'other service request' and attached the pic of it installed as above. It was booked in as a mobile visit for today (which I thought would be canceled nearer the time and they'll do it remotely). Tech came today, plugged in his laptop and updated the vehicle config, gave me a few goodies (colouring books, pens, and a flask), and was done in like 10 mins. The tech had said it originally had an estimated charge of £72.50 for 30 mins labour - I hadn't noticed this btw and the tech without me querying had already changed it to £9. IMO the goodies alone were worth the £9 :)
Thank you @JIBYC

View attachment 769292
Good to hear.

I put it on myself and they did it all remotely, no goodies for me!

Nice to see Tesla being fairly relaxed on updates to the car.

Good to hear.

I put it on myself and they did it all remotely, no goodies for me!

Did you get it via Tesla?
No, I had installed it myself too quite a while back now (over a year i'd say) and didn't think it was possible to get them to add it until your post. Strange it hasn't updated in the app yet though, did yours happen instantaneously?

To original question - I'm trading in the P - had for 18 months for a MY as well as getting a M3LR later in the year. The P is brill with tinted windows - but range and ride are an experience (poor and hard). The itch of getting a car 0 to 60 in just over 3 secs has been done. Will see in a few years on the sub 2 sec version.

Reactions: candida
The itch of getting a car 0 to 60 in just over 3 secs has been done. Will see in a few years on the sub 2 sec version.

Sorry but my Marriage License already has too many Penalty Points with a 3 second car... already been forced onto a Wife Awareness Course.

I'd be Grounded perminantly with a sub-2 second car... so best keep those days to my single seat motorcycles.

• Funny
Reactions: TheSmithers
You could buy the Uberturbines, and paint the calipers :)

I have a M3P, but I'd struggle to say it was worth an extra £10k over the LR, or particularly the LR+acceleration boost. If it had sports seats or something else to differentiate it then yeah, but it doesn't. You really don't get an awful lot for that £10k except bragging rights.

From what I have seen I don't think trade in values are reflective of that £10k gap, that is to say people seem to be getting like for like LR trade in prices that aren't massively lower than a M3P, but I might be mistaken.

That said - if you absolutely must have the fastest Model 3 available, then that's the P. That's where I was with it.. I didn't want to put the hammer down and wonder how much faster the P would've been, it would annoy me every time I thought about it.
i wasn’t sure between the P or the LR either - I went w/ LR d/t extended range -but I think the P has a more efficient battery (82KWH) so it might have more real range than a LR w/ smaller battery

To original question - I'm trading in the P - had for 18 months for a MY as well as getting a M3LR later in the year. The P is brill with tinted windows - but range and ride are an experience (poor and hard). The itch of getting a car 0 to 60 in just over 3 secs has been done. Will see in a few years on the sub 2 sec version.
My thoughts exactly. Ive had the P for 15 months and the power has been amazing but it is overkill for UK roads and i no longer use anywhere near its potential 99% of the time

Last edited:
i wasn’t sure between the P or the LR either - I went w/ LR d/t extended range -but I think the P has a more efficient battery (82KWH) so it might have more real range than a LR w/ smaller battery
The heavier wheels more than offset the larger battery - range is definitely lower on the P compared to the LR.

For next quarter in Europe it is expected than the P will get the same battery as the LR so it will have even less range.

late to the party…but i have just ordered a ‘P’, had my LR for 11 months and got a good trade in price. I was set on the Y initially but decided we didn’t need the extra space….there are a lot of model 3s in my area but i haven’t seen one P so thought i would trade for something a little different…do i need it? No, but i would like one and with my trade in i’m really not paying a huge amount more, chances are i will trade it in later on down the line for a Y P or an S LR when they are launched here

2 weeks in and no regrets getting my M3P. Range is fine (did Newcastle to London and back without any trouble), ride comfort was great and the performance was immense

I absolutely adore this car
10 days for me. Over 1000 miles already.
Its as fast as f... and spent £75 on juice, the rest free charging at hotels etc.

I too absolutely adore this car