Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone replace a front bumper cover? Anything special I need to know?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At the end of this week, I'll be replacing my front bumper cover with a new, freshly painted one. From those who've done a swap, is there anything special I need to know or look for (hidden bolts, airbags sensors, etc?) Any pointers? I'm thinking it'll be pretty straight forward, but figured I'd ask. Thanks!

Hardly a rescue project. It didn't need much at all: 2 rims, 4 tires (they rears were pretty worn, so I bought all 4) and a small crack in the rear wing fixed. The front bumper cover only has one 4" crack all the way down at the bottom, and I can easily plastic welded it myself. But I figured I'd get a new cover so I didn't have to lay the car up without one for a time. I will plastic weld the old one once off, just to keep as a back up. The 2 old rims are dented, but certainly repairable (I'm going to send them out to be fixed, and keep them for back up too.) Otherwise, the chassis only has few superficial scratches and scrapes underneath. Nothing bent, twisted, deformed, misshapen, etc. No damage to the suspension, and alignment is fine too. Every other body panel is perfect. Everything works exactly as it should. It runs and drives phenomenally. I did buy the 110v charging cord and 220v umc. And I have the glacier blue hardtop coming for it too (bought from the original owner.)

Last edited: