Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone run 21" Turbine wheels as their winter set on a model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thinking of doing this as I like the look of my summer turbines a lot more than I like the look of the 19" double 5 spoke wheels. Of course the downside is 21" winters will leave a modest sidewall and probably not very narrow either (would have to source a square set of turbines rather than the staggered ones that are on my P90D.

Just wondering if anyone went this route and how they found it. Not too worried about damage to the wheels as that could happen in summer as well as winter.

Let's compare aesthetics:

2013_Tesla-Model-S-P85-black.jpg

vs

2h3bfdi.jpg

I actually don't mind the double-5. They look pretty good and being that they're 19" you'll probably save a fair bit with those if you live in an area or drive on a lot of pot-holey roads. What's the cost of a new rim? Is that less than what you value the aesthetics to be? I think that's the question you have to answer. Economics will be within a few % for efficiency.

In my experience, trying to clear out snow from your rims often makes it worse as you generally can't even out the snow that is packed/settled into the cracks/crevaces of the wheel. Carwash or heated garage are usually the only way to fix this. That, and not drifting through dry-powdery snow parking lots which is usually the source of excess snow in my rims :)

Reactions: sauce
I actually don't mind the double-5. They look pretty good and being that they're 19" you'll probably save a fair bit with those if you live in an area or drive on a lot of pot-holey roads. What's the cost of a new rim? Is that less than what you value the aesthetics to be? I think that's the question you have to answer. Economics will be within a few % for efficiency.
cost is not an issue. Was more focused on performance and practicality.

i.e. as was mentioned the snow getting packed in there making the wheels out of balance is hella annoying so I wouldn't enjoy that. Also wondering how stopping and gripping compares.