Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone run into this problem?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last night, my wife parked her Model X in our garage next to my Model S, went into the house, realized she left something in the second row, and when she returned to open the driver's side FWD, the driver door popped open and slammed into the door of my Model S. We were both under the impression that sensors should prevent this scenario from occurring, and my only thought is that she was standing just aft of the driver's door with her key fob and the vehicle must have assumed she needed to enter the driver's seat and popped the door fully open. Is this something I should address with my local service center? In the meantime, I have disabled the auto-open feature.

Thanks in advance for any information you can share to help remedy this issue and prevent damage.

One of the things I'm afraid of. Yes, the FWD and side looking AP sensors are supposed to prevent that from happening.

I understand that if you approach from the front of the car, the auto present barely opens the door until you walk past it, putting you in a position to grab the door before it hits something; depending on the geometry involved this might be an option as a workaround.