Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone run "LOW"?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who is saying that you have to park the car whenever snows?
Don't know about everyone else, but this is the comment I was responding to, not the one by the OP:

The design intent of the Model S was never a car meant to drive in the snow. Not on a regular basis anyway. It's styling, dimensions, and suspension are really meant to be a highway running car. The Model X is the car that will be designed to handle snow better.

I wouldn't try to shoe-horn it in to be something it's not.

Lowering an air suspension is a relatively simple thing. Lowering links are available on eBay for most BMW and Mercedes air suspension cars and SUVs and most motorbikes.

BMW x5 4 8IS lowering Links Module Fully Adjustable | eBay

All these links do is trick the car into thinking the ride hight is a few inches higher than it really is.

The system that controls which height is set for each speed is not changed so the car will still go to standard and low at the same transition speeds. The only change is that each level will now be lower by 2 inches (or whatever is set on the lowering link).

That's correct but I've yet to find a pre-made set that are the correct length for the Model S.

Can you share how you made them or are you just gonna tease us with pics of your slammed Model S?

They are made with Ball joints and threaded rod. They are a direct drop in design. Front can be installed with out removing the wheels. Rears wheels need to be removed for easier access. Total install time took about 30 minutes. If interested in parts let me know I can have some made.

The design intent of the Model S was never a car meant to drive in the snow. Not on a regular basis anyway. It's styling, dimensions, and suspension are really meant to be a highway running car. The Model X is the car that will be designed to handle snow better.

I wouldn't try to shoe-horn it in to be something it's not.

Just sayin.
I respectfully disagree. Our MS performed wonderfully in the winter and we had plenty of snow this year.
None of the half dozen Model S owners I have met had any trouble this winter.

Now, if you are talking about off roading I would agree.

They are made with Ball joints and threaded rod. They are a direct drop in design. Front can be installed with out removing the wheels. Rears wheels need to be removed for easier access. Total install time took about 30 minutes. If interested in parts let me know I can have some made.

Since you are using threaded rod I am assuming the amount of drop is adjustable. Shoot me a PM with the details. I am interested in your setup and possibly getting a set.

This of course means that I will need new wheels to fill out the wheel wells better. :)

Since you are using threaded rod I am assuming the amount of drop is adjustable. Shoot me a PM with the details. I am interested in your setup and possibly getting a set.

This of course means that I will need new wheels to fill out the wheel wells better. :)

Here's what the links look like.

PhotoGrid_1367430138121.jpg

Wheels with a lower offset is a must! Can't wait until mine arrives
icon10.gif
....In JULY
icon8.gif
!

Last edited: