Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone run Model X wheels on Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up stock 90D with the 19" wheels because the 21" I felt would cause too many issues with potholes etc but the 19's really look small. I see a set of 20" Model X wheels on eBay:

Four 2016 Tesla Model X factory 20 Wheels OEM Rims NEW black powder coat Fits S | eBay

I think going with 20's might be the best of both worlds. Has anyone used Model X wheels on their Model S?

Yes the Model X 20" wheels will fit ...The offset and width will push the wheel out 0.5 inches so is flush with the fender :cool:

upload_2017-1-2_11-58-56.png

upload_2017-1-2_11-59-9.png

Since both options are $2K, I would stick with OEM wheels in case you have any issues :cool:

Picked up stock 90D with the 19" wheels because the 21" I felt would cause too many issues with potholes etc but the 19's really look small. I see a set of 20" Model X wheels on eBay:
Four 2016 Tesla Model X factory 20 Wheels OEM Rims NEW black powder coat Fits S | eBay
I think going with 20's might be the best of both worlds. Has anyone used Model X wheels on their Model S?

Since both options are $2K, I would stick with OEM wheels in case you have any issues :cool:

Would it make any difference if you're using a wheel that is not made for your car even if it's OEM for Model X? Because the offset and width are not within the stock specs of the Model S, it might actually give you more issues just in case you need warranty work such as drive unit, etc. This is just my guess...

I am also guessing that FatSix911 meant to stick with OEM wheels *for the Model S*