Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone running 20" TST T Sportlines with 285 rear Pilot SuperSport?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know it's a long shot, but I have a very specific question and I'm hoping someone can help. I currently run 20*9 and 20*10 TSW Nurburgrings with 255/40-20 and 285/35-20 Michelin Pilot Super Sports and the rears barely fit. The space between the inside of the rear wheels and the inner fender liner is barely the tip of my finger. It's fine, but only just barely. I would like a more OEM look and I'm considering the 20-inch T Sportlines. However, I still plan to run the PSS and I'm concerned that the WIDE tires on the rear might not work with the 5mm more inward offset on the T Sportline wheels (TSW is 35mm offset front and rear whereas T Sportline does 40mm in the rear). Is anyone running the 285/35-20 PSS on a 20*10 rear wheel with 40mm offset? It's too bad there's no 265/40-20 PSS, but the only rear size that makes any sense is the 285/35.

• Informative
Reactions: davidc18
I know it's a long shot, but I have a very specific question and I'm hoping someone can help. I currently run 20*9 and 20*10 TSW Nurburgrings with 255/40-20 and 285/35-20 Michelin Pilot Super Sports and the rears barely fit. The space between the inside of the rear wheels and the inner fender liner is barely the tip of my finger. It's fine, but only just barely. I would like a more OEM look and I'm considering the 20-inch T Sportlines. However, I still plan to run the PSS and I'm concerned that the WIDE tires on the rear might not work with the 5mm more inward offset on the T Sportline wheels (TSW is 35mm offset front and rear whereas T Sportline does 40mm in the rear). Is anyone running the 285/35-20 PSS on a 20*10 rear wheel with 40mm offset? It's too bad there's no 265/40-20 PSS, but the only rear size that makes any sense is the 285/35.
Maybe my experience can help you somewhat.
I tested several setups before buying my current summer setup.
Soleil Wheels 8.5x20 ET32 and 10x20 ET35 with 245/40-20 and 285/35-20 tyres (previously Pirelli PZero, now Michelin PSS). This setup works perfectly on my 2013 P85+.
I also tried 10x20 ET40 wheels with 285/35 tyres on the rear axle, but these were to much inward, touching the shock absorbers. Possibly due to the different dimensions of the Plus suspension setup on my car.

• Informative
I'm running on TST 20 staggered setup with 245/40/20 on the front and 275/40/20 on the rear. The tires are Continental ExtremeContact. Love the look and the handling. Especially on cornering. Huge improvement over the stock 19 squared setup on my P90DL.

• Informative
Thank you all for the responses. I love the Pilot SuperSport, so I am committed to sticking with the 285/35-20 rear. Thank you @PaulusdB for the info; it sounds like the TST rear wheel would be too far inward. I may be too conservative, but to preserve usable stud length, I avoid spacers unless I also change the wheel studs, which would be a major PITA. I'll stick with the TSWs I have for the time being, I guess.

IMG_0088.JPG
IMG_5296.jpg
IMG_5278.jpg
IMG_5284.jpg

• Love
Reactions: DIL
These are some photos of my TSWs. The first photo is a recent one with the Pilot SuperSports. The others are older with the Continental ContiSportContact 5p, which I absolutely hated. They had very poor steering feel and transient stability. It's all the same deep blue car at the same park, but the lighting makes it look like two different vehicles.

• Informative