Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone running forged 19" wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sticking with stock size 245/45ZR19's in PS A/S 3+ .. they fit this wheel fine. Rim width range is 7.5 to 9" for a Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ Also 255/40ZR19's fit as well and weigh about a pound less, with less than 2% impact to speedo.
Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 6.07.40 PM.png

View attachment 500510 I have the cyclones and like them, but I’ve always had a soft spot for the turbines. I want to stay 19” for reasons of performance and ride quality. If I got new wheels today I’d probably get these from Tsportline. They’re “flow forged” so not actually forged but they are over 5 lb lighter than Tesla’s 19” offerings. Side note: “flow forged” has always irked me; there’s nothing “forged” about flow formed wheels (really only the barrels are “flow formed” anyway).
Tesla Model S 19

I call flow forged, fugazzi forged, there is a reason both Martian and Titan offer lifetime structural warranty and TSportline doesn't.

Ah, I see, I was kind of hoping I could do a hypermile variety on my model s by running a squared setup at 8.5 inch width, but it looks like they are only doing 9 inch on model s. I would think the weight of these would make a drastic improvement on range regardless of the lack of the aero cap available for model s... that being said, these wheel are so incredibly light that you probably would need the 9 inch for grip on performance model s

You don’t necessary need 9J for the Model S. Our record P100D ran 10.5 in 1/4mile with our 19x8 square (19.2lb each) setup using OEM 245/45/19 tire. Didn’t mention that you get more tire protection against curb rash with 8J.
63852CF5-C854-496B-B99B-6C420FB7B865.jpeg

With Signature, you have 20+ finishing option and custom spec to choose from. Build time is 4 weeks or less.

I have a deposit in with Evasive Motorsports for the forged Titan7 TS-5 in 19 inch wheels... we need a minimum of five (sets) orders to get them made - here is the direct link to the Model S version.(all colors count towards the minimum five order)

I was the guy that started the Model 3 group buy and wish I had done the same thing for the Model S from day one.
Evasive Motorsports | PH: 626.336.3400 Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm PST: Titan 7 for Telsa Model S

Weight Savings:

Titan 7 T-S5 Wheel
19x9.0 / +35 Wheel Weight: 20.8lbs

Price of Set of Four Wheels: $2700
Shipping is not included.
Once 5 sets of this fitment is reached, Titan 7 will start manufacturing.

Stock Tesla Wheels
19x8.0" Model S Base Wheel Weight: 29.5 lbs
19x8.0" Slipstream Model S Wheel Weight: 29lbs
19x8.0" Cyclone Model S Wheel Weight: 29.8 lbs
21" Turbine Model S Wheel Weight: 21x8.5" = ~35.2 lbs (without tire), 21x9.0" = ~38 lbs (without tire) - I sold two sets of these OEM boat anchors after multiple side wall blow-outs.
21" Twin Turbine Model S Wheel Weight: 21x9.0" = ~35.2 lbs (without tire)
21" Arachnid Model S Wheel Weight: 21x8.5" = 27.85 lbs (without tire), 21x9.0" = ~ 28.75 lbs (without tire)

We may want to just call Mike Chang at Evasive, I could go for two sets. Also looks like they now have a Titan Wheel for trucks too..CyberTruck?

If you find a better deal for full forged lifetime guarantee 19 X 9 in +35 wheel offset with 64.1 Center Bore & 5 X120 PCD, let me know, I am open to look at other options. I don't want spacers or center rings or any mods, just direct bolt-on.

How can I reach you? Very interested to order a set of 19" for my model S. Switching to 19" from 21" turbine wheels after cracking my rims more times than I'd like to admit. Lol.

After much research I opted for the Tsportline 19" Arachnid replicas for weight and price especially since I wanted to run a ultra high performance allseason tire for year 'round use in Colorado. They're super light and look really nice on the car. I've posted up plenty of pics of how they look and I don't even notice the difference between the 19" and 21" visually. They also ride MUCH better than the 21" that were previously on there. Take a look at them and if you're interested private message me for a referral code for $50 off.

I like these although they are not true forged wheels to my understanding. The process is called flow forged. I have not decided yet. Figured I would have a set for our MSP by now, but then they announced the PLAID. So just put off buying and rolling on gray slipstream 19 inch...

M

I like these although they are not true forged wheels to my understanding. The process is called flow forged. I have not decided yet. Figured I would have a set for our MSP by now, but then they announced the PLAID. So just put off buying and rolling on gray slipstream 19 inch...

M
That's correct. The term "flow forged" isn't forged at all and is largely a way of marketing flow formed wheels. Flow formed is a nice middle ground that most wheels live in these days between cast & forge. Lots of advantages over cast if done properly w/o the cost of a forge wheel. For most people's daily use... this is plenty regardless of the marketing term used.

Reactions: r1200gs4ok
I know the popular thing is to upsize the wheels to a forged 20" or 21" wheel to keep the unsprung weight from getting too carried away, but a forged 19" would be even better since the tires are also lighter. Goal is a wheel/tire package under 50 pounds. Poring over the search results for 19" wheels didn't leave me with any hits though. Anyone else running nice forged 19" wheels?
Hi. Have a look at OZ Ultralegera from Italy. 19x8.5 is 21.5 lbs.

Reactions: BigNick
Hi. Have a look at OZ Ultralegera from Italy. 19x8.5 is 21.5 lbs.
Though not forged, I like these wheels. I had them on a previous vehicle.
There was a noticeable performance difference when changing from 10-pound-heavier stock wheels to these.
I think the Matte Graphite Silver finish would look great with MSM or black.
The main drawback to third-party wheels not specifically designed for your car (like T-Sportline) is the requirement of centering rings.