Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone see pay per use supercharging change to Free unlimited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a 2016 CPO from tesla in Feb which is supposed to have 30 day premium connectivity & pay per use supercharging.

When the car got added to the account it always showed pay per use super charging and free premium connectivity.

I was checking the account yesterday and saw the super charging changed from pay per use to Free unlimited super charging and even after 30 days the premium connectivity said free premium connectiviy.

Did anyone observe similar things on their account?

• Helpful
Reactions: kfly212
What price point did you buy at? seems if the car was in the mid 60's or higher they come with free Super Charger use on used Teslas now a days. This changes from time to time based on number of used Teslas on hand from what i can tell. My 50k TMS 90D came with free Super Charger use last year Mar 2019, but today same car NOPE.

When I purchased my 2016 cpo in Jan 2020. It was stated that supercharging is pay per use. I drove it home and had to stop by a super charger and i didn’t get any charges on my card that is on file. I’ve used it multiple times after and still no charges. Weird. Not complaining tho.

Reactions: ultraddr
Purchased a 2016 P90DL from Tesla 11/19, very strange journey. I had my ludicrous mode remotely removed 1 month later and had to fight with them to prove I had purchased what they sold me, restored 3 weeks later. Premium connectivity initially said free unlimited, then free until 11/21, now just says free unlimited. Supercharging was originally pay per use and I have been charged the few times I've used one, but as of yesterday my profile now says free unlimited supercharging. I haven't had a chance to test it.

Reactions: ultraddr
It's a goose chase. In my case, I just bought this car from Carvana 2/20. It's a 2013 Model S 85. The premium connectivity continues to work free although I heard it stops after 30 days. The supercharging works anywhere I go. It's been 45 days since I bought the car. But I haven't made a Tesla account yet because I'm still waiting on the darn registration (DMV delays due to Covid). And I don't know what would happen with an idle fee.

2nd update...Even though a fee showed on my screen during supercharging this past weekend My car now shows a fee of $0 and its not listed on my account history on the website, so it does indeed look like I've gone from pay per use to free supercharging. Go figure.

Reactions: kfly212
I fueled up at Costco for 2.45, premium.
where do you live....Orange County is not the same....are you in the San Jose area.....I was there for 10 yrs commuting back and forth....it was always more expensive than Irvine but we have seen no other lower prices....However, Costco has always been about 40 to 50 cents cheaper....I need gas for my truck, I’ll check Costco at Tustin, Ca....3miles from the house

I bought a 2016 CPO from tesla in Feb which is supposed to have 30 day premium connectivity & pay per use supercharging.

When the car got added to the account it always showed pay per use super charging and free premium connectivity.

I was checking the account yesterday and saw the super charging changed from pay per use to Free unlimited super charging and even after 30 days the premium connectivity said free premium connectiviy.

Did anyone observe similar things on their account?
yes, I saw the same thing back in 2017 on my new X. Still in effect.