TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Anyone see Tesla's new Configuration Page?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by pkalhan, Jun 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. pkalhan

pkalhan Member

looks like Tesla is preparing their website to streamline the ordering process of the Model 3 by trying it out on the Model S and X.

2. JHWJR

JHWJR Member

I own an X. I don't really see any difference in the X order page, other than the fact that the High Amperage Charger is now standard.

3. rnelsonee

rnelsonee Member

The new page is at tesla.com/build/models and tesla.com/build/modelx. Hit [Esc] or the stop button once it loads to prevent going to the current design studio

It looks like this.

• Informative x 5
    • Like x 1
  4. omgwtfbyobbq

omgwtfbyobbq Member

#4 omgwtfbyobbq, Jun 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
    It could be the new interface for their cars, or it might be the interface Tesla defaults to if there are connection issues.

Edit - I guess electrek thinks it's a new interface too. Hopefully it's not representative of packages going forward. The tow package for the X is only available under the Premium option.

Tesla streamlines ordering with new configurator ahead of Model 3 launch

5. S3XY

S3XY Member

I never played around with the old configurator but one thing that bothers me with the new one is the lack of detailed information about some of the options. For example, why doesn't it tell you what material is used for each seat option? It doesn't have to be detailed within the configurator but there should at least be a link to a page that spells all that out. The one page that is linked gives some of the details but there are a lot of holes in it. The seat material is just one example. I also hate the idea of packages but that seems necessary for the streamlined production they need to use in order to crank these things out. But why is something like the panoramic roof only available on performance builds? A sunroof isn't exactly a luxury item. You can get it on plenty of cheap cars.

• Like x 3
  6. PRSIST

PRSIST Member

Yes and I noticed that Smart Air Suspension (SAS) is only available on the 90D Model S and above, not the 75's. I don't expect SAS to be available on the Model 3 for quite a while, if ever, but boy would I love to have it. Worth the $2,500 to me. Have never liked the idea though of having to pay big bucks just to get XM radio, but can't do without it on road trips.

Also, I think if I am going to configure my Model 3, I will go to my local Tesla store so that I can get my questions answered. I hope that will be possible, or would that be considered, in some states, as selling from the store?

And lastly, I would think the online configuration would simply mirror what I have already learned at my local Tesla store after having driven and asked many questions about the Model 3. I am not buying and putting my cheeks in the seat of a car I have never test driven.

• Like x 2
  7. TampaRich

TampaRich Member

Looks like they're A/B testing the new build page. Shows up on my iPad but goes straight to the design studio on 2 of my other devices. Personally I think the the new build page hides too many options from new buyers. It makes it look like you have to buy a 100kw battery to get all wheel drive unless you click through to the customization page. Maybe it works for some buyers. I guess that's what they're trying to find out before Model 3 launches.

8. ModelNforNerd

ModelNforNerd Active Member

It will be available at some point. Elon said we'd be able to tow with it, and I fully expect the P75D to have SAS.