Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone see this error

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Buddy got it on his new p85. They told him it was a "glitch" and now it's back
nypy9eqy.jpg

I had this a few months ago and the initial advice from the SC over the phone was to reboot the screens. That solved the problem for a while but it recurred after a couple of weeks. I got tired of rebooting so took it in for service. They could not find a specific cause for it. It has not happened again since then. I do recall reading somebody else's post on the same problem and in his case, they found on and off shorting of wires in the fuse box area (my recall may not be that accurate). Hope that helps. BTW, in no event did I ever notice any change in handling.

I'm pretty confident from personal experience that this photo likely happens to capture the fadeout of one message ("Stability Control Disabled") combined with the fresh display of a new message ("Traction Control Disabled").

+1. In the wintertime when slushy snow freezes around the tires, and stepping on the accelerator "abruptly" frees the car, I get this message along with both the stability control, and traction control both being disabled. The solution is to stop, power the center screen off, and wait a few seconds before hitting the brake pedal, which in turn clears the error.