Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone seen or tried this supercharging trip planner app for iOS?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would definitely be worth buying if it was similar to evtripplanner.com where it would take into account driving conditions/terrain/driving style and show you how much range you'd need to get to your destination.

Elon has already said this is coming. A future software update will route you via superchargers (if your destination is far enough away), and will take into account wind forecasts, etc. when calculating range.

All, thanks for kudos on EVTripPlanner.com

My sons and I conceived it after our first road trip in the TMS (LA to Vegas right after picking it up at Hawthorne design center). The on-board nav and energy planning tools seemed pretty lame relative to the rest of the car, so we played around with modeling energy consumption and realized we could do better. In fact, in recent tests, we found that the Planner wasn't agreeing with in-car Trip Meter numbers and did some analysis that shows the Trip Meter doesn't account for all energy (see my writeup at http://evtripplanner.com/InterpretingTeslaModelSEnergyReadings.pdf)

We were shocked to find out the in-car browser would not provide location data (this was our second-best option since the car didn't have and API/SDK for building apps). We considered using our 'Tracker' app (http://evtripplanner.com/tracker_about.php) to provide the during-trip data so that we could update estimates, but that seemed like a real hacky Rube Goldberg solution.

The current site has been developed mostly by my now 16 year old son (he's taking donations for his college fund on the site now!), quite a wiz.

My older son (19) is now looking at making an iPhone app that uses the EVTripPlanner back end and provides on-the-move updates. I'm sure he'd like to hear your ideas.

Cliff, love the evtripplanner!
Although I don't own an ev yet I like to look at my usual trips to see where the model s can take me and where id need to filler'up

Also looking forward to the iOS app, great tools are coming soon for ev drivers!