Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone seen the Taycan yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Taycan was at Leadfoot festival this weekend.

Also, before we all jump on the bandwagon hating on the Taycan, be mindful that the Turbo S actually outperforms the Model S Performance in quite a few areas.. and shouldn't be taken lightly if you find yourself at the lights with one.

Tesla Model S finally takes on Porsche Taycan in electric heavyweight battle

The MS still won this "battle", but primarily because it was half the price. At the end of the day, the Taycan is an awesome starting point for Porsche.. but it they'll need to try again, as soon as the Roadster drops and obliterates everything.

The Taycan was at Leadfoot festival this weekend.

Also, before we all jump on the bandwagon hating on the Taycan, be mindful that the Turbo S actually outperforms the Model S Performance in quite a few areas.. and shouldn't be taken lightly if you find yourself at the lights with one.

Tesla Model S finally takes on Porsche Taycan in electric heavyweight battle

The MS still won this "battle", but primarily because it was half the price. At the end of the day, the Taycan is an awesome starting point for Porsche.. but it they'll need to try again, as soon as the Roadster drops and obliterates everything.
Like I said I think this is a good looking vehicle. However, at twice the price of an 8 year old design (Model S) the Taycan is not exactly value for money or future-proofed, especially against Roadster 2.0.

Taycan won’t shift the dial for anyone who wasn’t already going to blow some money on a Porsche or a Bentley, whereas Model S and 3 will be iconic for years I suspect.

Also interesting that the 800v approach doesn’t seem to make a useful difference except for ultra-fast charging, where cable thickness can be reduced (twice the volts, half the amps). I do wish car makers would ditch the 12v battery though - such an anachronism!

Last edited:
Reactions: UniverseNZ