Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone seen this dash device?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve read many horrible reviews about most of the ACP/AA solutions available out there. The Hanshow looked the best, but uses its own speaker rather than BT, and look to be a complicated install.

This looks like the best option yet. However, I see two problems with it. First, it’s probably difficult (and dangerous) to be using a touchscreen behind the steering wheel. Next, I can’t see how it doesn’t block airflow.

Since I’d be using it strictly for CarPlay and not as a “secondary” instrument cluster, if this device was available for a clean installation over/in front of the dual phone chargers on the refreshed MY, that would be perfect. I rarely use those chargers, since they are both inconvenient to look at or reach (with even a large phone screen) while driving. The size and aspect ratio of this screen would be both visible and reachable in that spot and would sit right under the Tesla’s touchscreen. As for how I charge my phone, I have this rock solid and versatile (but pricey) holder/charger installed:

Reactions: DenkiJidousha
Unfortunately not. A shame otherwise simply mounting the phone would be an adequate solution.

My understanding is that this feature is being (has been?) removed from recent Android Auto versions too.
Understandable really considering the whole point is so you don't use your phone whist driving and you have a larger screen to view/operate.

Getting CarPlay functionality would be the reason why I would consider this - you wouldn't actually need to connect it into the vehicle's system then, or have to worry about Tesla making an update and bricking it. Just power and bluetooth connectivity.