Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone selling a carbon hard top?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Or a very orange? I've decided I can still regularly drive in the winter around here, but want it warmer than it is with the soft top.

Hoping someone might have a top sitting around collecting dust that they'd sell for a song...

I would sell for $3K, perfect condition and actually using it now as I did last winter, but as with most things for the right price I would part with it. That may be more than you want to pay and that is fine as I am in no hurry to sell. It is also Twilight Blue so you would need to have it painted unfortunately.

I haven't driven a lot with the hard top; but I'm not convinced it's any warmer - the hard top is pretty thin, and the soft top does have a few layers that do some insulating. Hopefully somebody with more experience can chime in here.

I'm not sure it's quieter either. Maybe there is a little less wind noise, but there are more squeaks. The stereo does sound different with it on though...I have the base stereo (no subwoofer), and the bass must echo off the hard top. It sounds fuller.

You can get the CF Lotus Elise top from Sector 111 onsale now for $2200, orig $2500:
Elise CF Hard Top - Sector111 aftermarket parts for Lotus

hardtop_medium.jpg

**Sector 111 confirms it fits the Roadster but that the CF weave is different than Roadster's rollbar skin.

The good thing about the Sector 111 top (in my opinion) is that it sits down between the roll bar and the windshield, like the soft top or the mesh top or clear top. By comparison, the Tesla hard top (carbon or body color, which is still carbon underneath the paint) sits on top of the roll bar, so it raises the top line of the car a bit.

The bad thing about the Sector 111 top is that it has a weave of carbon that is much smaller than the roll bar, and it sits right next to the roll bar when installed, so the weave contrast is apparent. Too much so for me.

But if I was considering painting the top, then Sector 111 would be a strong consideration for me.