Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone selling their M3 to cash in on no depreciation??!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve a SR+ 34k miles Nov - 2019
Thinking of cashing in to take advantage of lack of depreciation. Few reasons
A) think SR+ Battery distance will eventually look outdated
B) insane lack of depreciation
C) to buy a LR Model Y

Anyone thinking similar thoughts !!??

Good question. I have a 2020 M3P which i bought for £57.5k but there is nothing else on the market that im interested in and the car is worth £61.5k now which negates the nil depreciation. In 6-12 months used car prices will likely begin to normalise. If i was in the OP position i would probably sell the SR+ to move up to a MY AWD and take advantage of the high used car prices

Mine's down 2 grand in a fortnight as well.
At the same time Tesla had some used 2019 M3Ps on the site last week starting at about 57k ... They would've cost less new 🧐🧐

Delivery times. There's some crazies out there that'll pay ten grand for "now" rather than wait a few months.

I think that trend isn't going to change any time soon, and if you think you want another Tesla I suggest placing an order as soon as possible, and selling your car immediately after taking delivery of the replacement. I suspect the population of people willing to pay massively over market price are going to continue to show up. The over payment values might go down, but I bet you'd still be near the break even line and then you'd have a brand new car instead of a 2 or 3 year old car with tens of thousands of miles on it.

Good question. I have a 2020 M3P which i bought for £57.5k but there is nothing else on the market that im interested in and the car is worth £61.5k now which negates the nil depreciation. In 6-12 months used car prices will likely begin to normalise. If i was in the OP position i would probably sell the SR+ to move up to a MY AWD and take advantage of the high used car prices
Where are you getting offers for £61.5k for a 2020 M3P?

I’ve a SR+ 34k miles Nov - 2019
Thinking of cashing in to take advantage of lack of depreciation. Few reasons
A) think SR+ Battery distance will eventually look outdated
B) insane lack of depreciation
C) to buy a LR Model Y

Anyone thinking similar thoughts !!??
if you buy a new LR that costs more that may well depreciate faster than your current car. If you really want the lowest depreciation jumping ship to an MY might be best. Scarcity compared to the 3 and increased practicality will probably hold up the value for longer. Though there are more competing options out there now than when the M3 launched so who knows?