Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone started looking into Model Y black trim fitment for Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As the title suggest. With the addition of the Model Y in the Tesla online parts catalog, has anyone started looking into this as an alternative to vinyl wrap?

Specifically the side mirrors and door handles (doubt the window trim would be direct fit). But the mirrors and door handles seem identical to me.

Being that a vinyl chrome delete generally runs about ~$500-$600, I wonder if that money is better spent with replacing with Tesla Model Y black finish parts that would look better and last longer. Then would only have to vinyl wrap the simple window trims until Tesla updates future Model 3 with black trims as well (IF).

Reactions: New_Old_Stock
As the title suggest. With the addition of the Model Y in the Tesla online parts catalog, has anyone started looking into this as an alternative to vinyl wrap?

Specifically the side mirrors and door handles (doubt the window trim would be direct fit). But the mirrors and door handles seem identical to me.

Being that a vinyl chrome delete generally runs about ~$500-$600, I wonder if that money is better spent with replacing with Tesla Model Y black finish parts that would look better and last longer. Then would only have to vinyl wrap the simple window trims until Tesla updates future Model 3 with black trims as well (IF).

Window trim - not the same shape/size at all.

Side mirrors are also different size.

Door handles, maybe same size - by my crude measurement.
20200630_221630.jpg
20200630_221658.jpg
20200630_221230.jpg
20200630_220947.jpg
20200630_221122.jpg
20200630_221030.jpg