TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Anyone stuck on 2018.12?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by gearchruncher, Jun 1, 2018.

1. gearchruncher

gearchruncher Member

I haven't had an update in 9 weeks on my X. On wifi every night, and the SC says there's nothing blocking getting an update. Anyone else this far behind?

2. ThisIsTrue

ThisIsTrue Re-member

Almost: I'm on .14 (Model S), and STILL waiting for the new nav. Very frustrating.

3. jlund

jlund Member

Yep. I’m on 2018.12. So is roughly 5% of the fleet: TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker

I’m on wifi daily too. The paranoia in me notices I got uncorked and manually updated to 2018.12 at service shop. Wondering if that messed up when and how my car checks for an update.

4. ytwytw

ytwytw Member

Ask SC to push you an update?

I did that after stuck 18.12 for a long time

5. Ruffles

Ruffles Member

Same for me. At this point, I'm just going to wait it out and see how long it actually takes for me to get an update that didn't come as part of a service visit.

• Funny x 1
  6. tllt

tllt Member

Same here, stuck on 2018.12 and on WiFi every night. I emailed service to ask if there was anything blocking updates and they said they would forward the request to my SC but I haven’t heard back yet

7. Richt

Richt Just traveling down the road...

I"m super sad too, my Model X was running with always connected off and with energy saving on. So I just turned this on, so I'm thinking I will call them and see if I'm blocked for some reason...

Glad I'm not the only one!

8. Maximus-MX

Maximus-MX Member

Is there any difference between 18.12 and 18.20 or 18.20.5?

I’m one of those 5% who is stuck on .12, I called them the other day and asked them to push me a new update. They said they would. But still nothing. I have the new map. But I don’t think there is any difference between my version and the current version.

If I’m wrong, I will be glad to be corrected and I will give them a call again.

9. pdx3181

pdx3181 Supporting Member

.14 here. Touched base with SC. Said no blockages. Strong wifi every night. I am going to wait it out.

10. r0xx0r

r0xx0r Member

2018.14 or higher has the UI slightly faster for MCU1. The browser loads faster than 2018.12.

I was stuck on 2018.12 until today. The SC updated my FW to 2018.20 while I was here to fix a FWD issue.

• Like x 1
  11. Richt

Bragging rights mainly :) and wanted to make sure there isn’t a failed download mainly.

12. retinaguy

retinaguy Member

Same here. 2018.18.2. Good Wifi every night. I'm just waiting it out as I hate talking to people in customer service.

13. jlund

jlund Member

I may have missed the sarcasm but 2018.20 is the only release version after 2018.18. (2018.21 is exclusive to early access based users). So if it makes you feel any better, 2018.18 has only been out for a few weeks and ~80% of the fleet are on it or before it.

Being on 2018.12 or less seems odd as .14 .16 and .18 were each fairly wide roll outs. Either bad luck, Tesla see a benefit in holding users back that far, or there is an issue with polling and receiving the update.

TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker

14. RichardL

RichardL Member

I’m also still on 2018.12

15. NickFie

NickFie Member

2018.10.4 - at least we have improved EAP and rain-sensing wipers. In mid-April Customer Support said there was nothing blocking updates.

16. ALLMYNE

ALLMYNE Member

2018.12 myself X100D
    Strong WiFi
    What’s interesting to me at least is when I check my WiFi stats, it’ll not show my X connected even though I have “always connected” checked in display settings
    I’m sure that’s a whole other topic, just found it intriguing that my X seems to not be connected to WiFi after being asleep for a while
    Hopefully I’m wrong and it is still connected but according to my router the device (my X) drops off after a certain amount of time

PS......I should add that I normally would’ve found a reason to have my SC push an update but don’t feel any recent updates are that worth while compared to what I have

17. r0xx0r

r0xx0r Member

Yes. My car has the same behavior too. It isn’t reconnect to the wifi after asleep.

My SC told me nothing wrong with my car. It just “not my turn” to update.

18. Klaus

Klaus Member

I got the update from 2018.12 to 2018.20.5 at the service center yesterday, after I had some glitches with the MCU not waking up in the morning. Central service phone support suggested that I was fairly far behind in updates. We did some resets and after that didn’t fix it they contacted the service center and had me come in.

Interestingly, the download was via LTE. When I asked the service person said that WiFi downloads (even at the service center) might have some glitches causing failures late in the download. I apparently had two failed downloads logged before, both of which were likely on my home WiFi which works fine for maps, browser and music with 2-3 bars.

Since it took longer than hoped they sent me home and delivered the car later after making sure the installation completed without issues.

19. Richt

Yes I see the same. When always connected is off the sleep seems really deep. Not sure it was always this way. Called Tesla and they said just wait. Hmm.

Maybe I should reset the mcu I don’t know :/)

20. Charliek

Charliek Member

I’m on .12 too I used to get the rollouts about 2-3 days after they were announced on teslafi. The car is nice and stable for me even EAP is no issues for the roads I drive and I have the new nav and maps. My annual service is in July so I can wait for a push at the SC then . Only thing I seem to be missing is the faster browser and MCU. My borders of the MCU1 have yellowed a bit (top ,bottom and sides ). I’m going to ask about it at my SC appointment