Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 8th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Balazs Biro, of the prominent Hungarian EV channel Villanyautósok, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

Anyone switched from Aero to Sports wheel and got VIN?

Has anyone in the US switched back to the Aero wheels and received a VIN? I am at almost 6 weeks since I originally configured and over 3 weeks since I switched from Aero to 19” wheels. Was hoping to receive the car in time for Memorial Day weekend, but that seems pretty slim at this point.

Has anyone in the US switched back to the Aero wheels and received a VIN? I am at almost 6 weeks since I originally configured and over 3 weeks since I switched from Aero to 19” wheels. Was hoping to receive the car in time for Memorial Day weekend, but that seems pretty slim at this point.
Call and ask them if an advisor has been assigned and ask them to have the advisor call you

I think there was really bad timing. People who changed right before the batching switched back to aeros were able to get a VIN earlier. However, it's been all aero for the past two weeks so those who gambled ended up losing out. I was thinking about it but stuck with aero and don't regret my decision.

I think there was really bad timing. People who changed right before the batching switched back to aeros were able to get a VIN earlier. However, it's been all aero for the past two weeks so those who gambled ended up losing out. I was thinking about it but stuck with aero and don't regret my decision.

Yeah, I definitely should not have changed lanes and stuck with the aeros. It seems like I would have received my VIN by now. In all honestly, I am completely indifferent between the two wheels, I was just trying to get the car in time for a scheduled road trip over Memorial Day weekend.

User @shakotha on the Tesla.com forums switched their 4/15 config from Aero to Sport on 4/18 and never got a VIN. They switched back to Aeros on 5/10 and received a VIN on 5/11.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC