Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone switched from Aero to Sports wheel and got VIN?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Right?
The best part is their attitude that this normal and the 3-6 weeks is an estimate. When I ask them why my VIN was taken away they say we did it to ensure you get the fastest delivery. It’s pretty idiotic
I rather they say oh we screwed up and we make it up to you and you get your car on ....

Has anyone in the US switched back to the Aero wheels and received a VIN? I am at almost 6 weeks since I originally configured and over 3 weeks since I switched from Aero to 19” wheels. Was hoping to receive the car in time for Memorial Day weekend, but that seems pretty slim at this point.

Has anyone in the US switched back to the Aero wheels and received a VIN? I am at almost 6 weeks since I originally configured and over 3 weeks since I switched from Aero to 19” wheels. Was hoping to receive the car in time for Memorial Day weekend, but that seems pretty slim at this point.
Call and ask them if an advisor has been assigned and ask them to have the advisor call you

I think there was really bad timing. People who changed right before the batching switched back to aeros were able to get a VIN earlier. However, it's been all aero for the past two weeks so those who gambled ended up losing out. I was thinking about it but stuck with aero and don't regret my decision.

I think there was really bad timing. People who changed right before the batching switched back to aeros were able to get a VIN earlier. However, it's been all aero for the past two weeks so those who gambled ended up losing out. I was thinking about it but stuck with aero and don't regret my decision.

Yeah, I definitely should not have changed lanes and stuck with the aeros. It seems like I would have received my VIN by now. In all honestly, I am completely indifferent between the two wheels, I was just trying to get the car in time for a scheduled road trip over Memorial Day weekend.

User @shakotha on the Tesla.com forums switched their 4/15 config from Aero to Sport on 4/18 and never got a VIN. They switched back to Aeros on 5/10 and received a VIN on 5/11.