Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone switching to a Rivian R1T after watching reviews?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The rivian camp kitchen is certainly cool and the cargo tunnel under the seats is something that would be great for dirty gear. However, it does not have nearly the same "wow" effect as the cybertruck. I will be sticking to my Cybertruck reservation and hope to get it one day in the future.
if they ever make it. Right now with Crazy Elon waffling and walking around like a drunk crack user, who the hell knows.

so many here just blindly waiting all the while they’re lives are on hold for years and years And years.

doesn’t make any real logical common sense.

if you don’t believe me…. Just take a quick at the wackos on the Cyber Truck Owners forum. There all Lost.

The rivian camp kitchen is certainly cool and the cargo tunnel under the seats is something that would be great for dirty gear. However, it does not have nearly the same "wow" effect as the cybertruck. I will be sticking to my Cybertruck reservation and hope to get it one day in the future.
the Cybertruck definitely had a "wow" effect on my wife... kinda like "wow ... that is definitely NOT going into our driveway"

I think it is much nicer looking in person, saw it when they had the event in Sonoma in November.
That seems to be the consensus of people that have viewed it in person. Have not had a chance to see it so I hope you are right. They seem to be struggling to produce anything in volume though.

Has anyone heard any numbers for January production. Was it any better than December ?

Reactions: TessP100D
The bed isn’t huge but the interior is really fine and the truck has a ton of awesome features. It’s solid.
the tailgate has unique 'hinges' to extend out.

28 minutes --

9j7JIKY.jpg

Reactions: TessP100D
That seems to be the consensus of people that have viewed it in person. Have not had a chance to see it so I hope you are right. They seem to be struggling to produce anything in volume though.

Has anyone heard any numbers for January production. Was it any better than December ?
Like all startups it will take some time to get ramped up, I waited 2 years for my Model x so not a problem. The other thing I was impressed with was the build quality and fit and finish, I was in the car business so have some experience with that.

Rivian's bed extension is pure genius. The F150 with 5.5' short bed is already anything but fun in a tight parking garage/ street parking ... forget about the long-bed version. What Rivian does is give you the option for a long bed *should* you need it to haul dirt bikes/ plywood ... but for the other 99% of times you use the truck - it's a short and compact bed and much much easier to park or fit into a residential garage. My F150 with the 5.5' bed literally only fit into our garage with a few inches to spare...

Rivian's bed extension is pure genius. The F150 with 5.5' short bed is already anything but fun in a tight parking garage/ street parking ... forget about the long-bed version. What Rivian does is give you the option for a long bed *should* you need it to haul dirt bikes/ plywood ... but for the other 99% of times you use the truck - it's a short and compact bed and much much easier to park or fit into a residential garage. My F150 with the 5.5' bed literally only fit into our garage with a few inches to spare...
I agree, that is one of many reasons I’m buying a Rivian.

But a CT is good looking? hahahahahhahahahHahH
it's not even just that... but functionality wise I see the CT in its current version well behind the Rivian and the F150 Lightning. Rivian offers innovative stuff like extendable bed; tunnel storage behind cabin for dirty items whereas the F150 Lightning has a huge flat (!) loading frunk and high voltage output / powering your home. Those are real features someone might actually use. Not sold on the "bullet proof" stainless steel doors and the yoke.

You can tell it took Rivian years of testing and fine-tuning to bring out the R1T and the F150 Lightning builds on decades of experience in the field.