TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Anyone taken delivery of cream seats with oak decor?

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by ModlS3XY, May 18, 2018.

1. ModlS3XY

ModlS3XY Member

wondering if someone has taken delivery with cream premium interior with oak wood decor that recently replaced the figure ash wood decor. Please share pictures if you did.

2. BluePhoton

BluePhoton Member

<bump>

I'm also interested - I was all set on the old cream interior (Blue + cream) - this oak is causing me to rethink my entire plan...

3. ModlS3XY

ModlS3XY Member

Same here

4. dethman

dethman Member

Was going to get blue/cream, the new oak pushed us over to white.

5. ModlS3XY

ModlS3XY Member

Has anyone noticed the difference in the oak decor renders between the MS and the MX configuration pages?
    The MS oak color looks modern. Hope the difference is just in the renders and hope the MS render is close to the real color.

6. ModlS3XY

ModlS3XY Member

<bump>
    No one? Guess I’ll be the first one to post this combo. Hoping I can take delivery by June 12th.

7. DinoJuice

DinoJuice Member

I suggest keeping a close eye on the S Delivery thread(s) as well. There are a couple of folks whose cars have arrived in Denver. It's yet to be seen if they're graphite inside or not, but I expect we'll get tons of threads as people start taking delivery. It looks like some of the S's went into production a bit ahead of X's, so IMHO that's where we'll see the first real pictures.

Nick

• Informative x 1
  8. Vrod21

Vrod21 Member

Im picking up mine tomorrow. Ill post pics on the delivery thread after i get it. I ran by the SC today and saw it. I did get a pic but it was through the window and had a lot of glare.

What i can say is, it is open pour and looks different than it does in the render. Best way i can describe it is like a hardwood floor. Ill try to post the pic i took.

9. Vrod21

Vrod21 Member

FYI, it has the graphite trim

Attached Files:

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  10. pkodali

pkodali Banned

Really don't like that IMO, looks like a hardwood floor like you said

11. Jayrod

Jayrod Member

Yeah not feeling that at all. It does look way different.

12. ModlS3XY

ModlS3XY Member

Not digging it at all but I guess I am gonna go with it coz Iam selling my current car next week for a much better price than any dealer or trade in that was offered. Not happy with the way Tesla is handling these orders but I guess the overall experience will make me overcome this color.
    Please do share more pics tomorrow. Good luck with your delivery!

13. pkodali

pkodali Banned

For around 900 including labor you can order a different trim and have them switch it out. I was thinking about doing that to put obeche instead.of dark ash

14. ModlS3XY

ModlS3XY Member

Really? Do you know of anyone in TMC who has gotten this done? 900 doesn’t seem bad. I read somewhere that it could be done for 6000 but that’s not in my budget.

15. Vrod21

Vrod21 Member

I must be the outlier. I wanted the cream interior but really didn't like the figured ashwood because it looked too dark. I was happy with the oak change...but we'll see how it goes once i can get it.

16. pkodali

pkodali Banned

I got a quote and everything from Tesla in an email as well. It was surprisingly cheap, but I didn't decide to go forward with it since the rest of the family thought that the dark ash ash went better with ultra white than obeche

17. ModlS3XY

ModlS3XY Member

That is awesome. Do you order that from the website or talk to someone at the SC?

18. pkodali

pkodali Banned

I called my SC parts department and had them give me the parts numbers and send a quote. The other options in case that doesn't work out since there is a large amount if variability in price between service centers is to buy trim from a salvage

19. DinoJuice

DinoJuice Member

Thanks for sharing! I guess I am in the minority. If I had it to do over I think I might have switched to this. I hated the other wood options so I opted for CF, even though CF gets overdone... This is distinct while feeling modern. I suspect this combo will age well and still look fresh for years to come.

Nick

20. dethman

dethman Member

yeah, not too much of a fan from that pic but maybe it will look better in person on the inside. good luck with your delivery!

• Helpful x 1