TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Anyone taken their Model S on WS ferries?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by buzzbuzz, Mar 14, 2013.

1. buzzbuzz

buzzbuzz Member

I've been thinking about taking the S on the ferries around here, but the last time I was on one in my Prius, I noticed just how tight the fit is :scared:...Does anyone have experience traveling on Washington State ferries with their S? Does it "fit" (obviously it will fit, but were you nervous, given the width of the car? Where did the ferry staff put you...on the center deck or up on the sides? Was mirror folding necessary?)?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. 100thMonkey

100thMonkey Member

only been on the ferries with the Leaf so far, that should change soon, i'll report back. of course it's doable, but will take some care, maybe raising suspension for the ramps.

3. rcc

rcc Model S 85KW, VIN #2236

We've been a big WS ferry (Anacortes) with a big SUV -- Volvo XC90. No problems with size. As far as suspension clearance goes, I imagine plenty of Porsche's and the occasional Ferrari has been on them too.

4. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

We took our Model S on a WA ferry 3 or 4 months ago. We did put the suspension up just in case, but everything was fine.