Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone taking delivery of Model Y this week?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wouldn't all the usual car review publications have been given Model Y to test already, just with an NDA to hold off on releasing the reviews until today?

Expect to see dozens of reviews and mileage comparison tests before Monday. IMHO...

Tesla doesn't do that. If there was going to be any pre-arranged reviews it would probably only be with Motor Trend.

Reactions: EinSV
Reactions: pete8314 and Ihdiot
I can definitely do that, 4 hours and counting.

Before doing all that for All Tesla Lovers, please make sure you do take checklist with you to check every single thing before accepting delivery. I am sure you are already aware but just reminding you.

Model 3 checklist for your reference Model-3-Delivery-Checklist.pdf or Model-3-Delivery-Checklist.pdf

P.S. I have combined list of questions for you to answer once you are all good to go

1) Glove box compartment

2) Shots of Leg room in the rear when sitting and sitting position.

3) I know it has an electric hatch but wondering if it is hands free similar to other brands out there.

4) Interested to see how comfy it will be for my dog in the trunk size wise.

5) Wireless charging

6) Tow Hitch

7) Cargo Shelf

8) Rear seat reclining

9. How many other people took delivery of a Y that you saw?

10 For those of us with car seats it would be nice to know the distance from the seat bottom to the door opening. The 3 is sort of low and small until you get in past the roof pillar making it hard to get a kid in and out of a seat and nice to know if the Y fixed that.

Last edited:
I'd be interested of the cargo area depth (from the inside of the closed hatch to the back of the front seats), and the inside cargo area height at the hatch (i.e. all the way in the back) when closed.

I'd also love more pictures of the trunk with the lid closed / back seats up. I have a large dog (Bernese Mountain Dog) and am trying to figure out if I can get her in the trunk area only folding down one seat (or ideally none!) Her crate is ~ 33" high -- so that gives a sense of the room that would be ideal.

I have questions :)

• Is the center screen the same size as M3 (we're 99% sure it is)
  • Is the center console the same size as M3?
  • Are the headlights the same as Model 3?
  • Are the door controls (winder switches etc) the same as M3?
  • Is the dash width the same as Model 3? Not sure about this one, since MY is wider, but we're thinking the width is in the body, rather than interior trim. M3 is around 55".
  • Do they use the same LED lights for doors, foot wells etc, and how many? Again, we assume so, and that the early rumors of a re-worked wiring harness were not accurate

Goodies for the first one(s) to confirm ;)

I would like to see a pick of three adults sitting in the back

and another pic of three kids sitting in the back, ideally one with a child seat on the left seat one with a seat booster in the right seat and one without any support in the middle seat

I would like to get dimensions of all the rear seats in terms of seating width

upload_2020-3-13_14-53-26.jpeg