Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone taking delivery of Model Y this week?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was half tempted to call but you beat me to it. Well I didn’t get white so maybe I’m ok? It’s a coin flip at this point...
It is, I look at this way, it will happen if it supposed to happen. Doesn’t meant if it doesn’t happen I won’t be ready to throw rocks at everyone lol... jk but it will come. I wonder what could have been that wrong that they had to cancel altogether.

Picked up my blue/black LR Model Y with 20” tires and FSD in Charlotte today. I really like the look of the black wheels. Looking forward to using the latest autopilot technology since I traded in a 2012 Model S which didn’t even come with parking sensors back then.

Attachments

• EEC4FEB0-739D-4B9C-A128-1A077FB1F836.jpeg
    EEC4FEB0-739D-4B9C-A128-1A077FB1F836.jpeg
    376.8 KB · Views: 96
Here you go
Who’s waiting on a white Y ? It’s ready to go.
63B7628E-1127-424F-AE93-60E31459C261.jpeg
EF5A6CD5-9C55-4C1F-A9E6-6EAD6EA99DA7.jpeg
C4B33990-0D46-49CB-B5A1-C01B7713878F.jpeg
B44FEB4B-53F9-4497-A7D3-765F203CFF73.jpeg

Pictures don't seem to expose the difference between the 3 and the Y, but the Y is bigger/ talller. Look at the Tesla signs and you can see it. Otherwise you really cant tell. Head on it looks like a 3. From behind it looks like an X. I tried to have the delivery pic first and it moved it out of sequence.

Here you go
Who’s waiting on a white Y ? It’s ready to go. View attachment 525920 View attachment 525922 View attachment 525923 View attachment 525924

Pictures don't seem to expose the difference between the 3 and the Y, but the Y is bigger/ talller. Look at the Tesla signs and you can see it. Otherwise you really cant tell. Head on it looks like a 3. From behind it looks like an X. I tried to have the delivery pic first and it moved it out of sequence.
Damn... should of picked Tysons as my pick up location instead of Rockville!!!!

I was supposed to take delivery this week on three different occasions with 2 different VINs My saga:

I won the lottery! No, not that one, the Tesla runaround lottery! First I received a text last Saturday that I would be receiving my car the next day. But I had no loan, no contract, so no go. But I had a VIN. Then they texted for me to sign a contract Yay! But it wasn't for the same VIN, but hey it is a Tesla!. Then yesterday, with a contract signed on line, they did an electronic transfer of my down payment and I would see the car today. But wait! There's more! At 5:01 PM yesterday I receive a text (remember they close at 5 PM) that my cosigner needed to sign the contract. My beautiful wife has never seen an email to sign, and her account does not link to our RN number. So today, I get a call saying they will deliver the car and we can sign here at home! Only they called a couple of hours ago and said it needed to go back to the paint shop, and then at 4:47 PM today I get a text saying: TESLA DELIVERY UPDATE - The vehicle currently assigned to your account does not match your configuration. This VIN will be removed and a new vehicle of the correct configuration will be assigned once available. We apologize for any inconvenience. I know these people are working hard, but seriously?"

So no Tesla, they have my down payment, and the factory is closed!

My sheltering in place during the coronavirus crisis and loss of a good chunk of my portfolio has had me wondering about whether now is the best time to take delivery of the red LD AWD with FSD, 19” wheels, black interior which I had ordered. I had read about Tesla’s policy of not being able to reorder a car within a year if you canceled on them because I still want a Model Y and didn’t want to wait that long. Today I got a call from Tesla out of Nevada asking whether I wanted to get my Model Y this month. When I expressed by timing concerns, the rep said I could push it out until to May which I agreed to do. I’m glad there’s flexibility on Tesla’s part on this given the current state of things.

• Informative
Reactions: liuping
My sheltering in place during the coronavirus crisis and loss of a good chunk of my portfolio has had me wondering about whether now is the best time to take delivery of the red LD AWD with FSD, 19” wheels, black interior which I had ordered. I had read about Tesla’s policy of not being able to reorder a car within a year if you canceled on them because I still want a Model Y and didn’t want to wait that long. Today I got a call from Tesla out of Nevada asking whether I wanted to get my Model Y this month. When I expressed by timing concerns, the rep said I could push it out until to May which I agreed to do. I’m glad there’s flexibility on Tesla’s part on this given the current state of things.
I'm waiting on the same car here in Tucson, but with 20" induction wheels. Hoping I get the call next! When did you order? And did you have all your info updated on the site already?