Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone tested S/X CHAdeMO Adapter on Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to this post in the Swedish telsa forum an assumed Tesla owned Model 3 test vehicle is observed in Norway charging with an CHAdeMO adapter.
M3-CHAdeMO.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna and Canuck
Correct. But whatever it is that is not the point I was making posting it here - just that they apparently have the CHAdeMO adapter working at least on this test vehicle.
I would be extremely surprised if CHAdeMO support for the Model 3 is anything more than a software update. So, the fact that a manufacturer test vehicle is charging on CHAdeMO is not at all surprising to me. In fact, we should be seeing it a lot more before they release the CHAdeMO adapter support.

• Helpful
Reactions: TonyWilliams
I would be extremely surprised if CHAdeMO support for the Model 3 is anything more than a software update. So, the fact that a manufacturer test vehicle is charging on CHAdeMO is not at all surprising to me. In fact, we should be seeing it a lot more before they release the CHAdeMO adapter support.

Agreed... But why need to test it in Europe first? Tired of waiting for this... Frankly, this support should have been activated before the rear seat heaters...

According to this post in the Swedish telsa forum an assumed Tesla owned Model 3 test vehicle is observed in Norway charging with an CHAdeMO adapter.

So, now there are at least two photos of the Model 3 getting tested with CHAdeMO:

1) Canada several months ago, most likely with the North American Tesla inlet

2) Norway recently, probably with the Type 2 inlet

Sounds like very normal, methodical testing. I’d guess that this is merely verification testing, and that a software update is waiting for that verification.

Agreed... But why need to test it in Europe first? Tired of waiting for this... Frankly, this support should have been activated before the rear seat heaters...

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that substantially more people will use rear seat heaters than a $500 incredibly awkward adapter for a charging network that most customers will have never heard of.

• Funny
Reactions: cwerdna and MP3Mike
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that substantially more people will use rear seat heaters than a $500 incredibly awkward adapter for a charging network that most customers will have never heard of.
In terms of widespread applicability, yes. But no one “needs” rear heated seats, nice as they are to have in certain situations. But if I get into situation that CHAdeMO charging is available, and I have a low charge, I’d sure as heck want a charged car than a warm bum and not be able to go anywhere for many hours waiting on L1 (or L2 if I’m lucky) charging.