Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Thinking of Blacking out the headlights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
in the headlight assembly there is a lot of chrome that doesn't do anything really and its safe to paint black,
i did it to the very first car ive own, and the next several cars already had blacked out lights from the factory.

Protege5 0010.jpg

Protege5 1090.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

here is another example off the internet

image.jpeg

fBCbL.jpg

i was actually thinking about getting this done (and kind of being the experimental goat). i had the headlights painted black on our GTR and it looks much better in my opinion. trying to imagine how it would look on the tesla. maybe i'll talk to some of my photoshop guru friends to get an idea....

lO3SAS6.jpg

Or you can just install vinyl tint to see how it looks first. No need to take the headlights off or apart. And if you don't like it, it'll peel right off. I'm curious to see how it would look. Haven't seen a Model S with smoked headlights.

You aren't painting the glass, you are painting the surrounds/chrome pieces. This does not change the light output. Vinyl tint would decrease the light output and isn't safe, and in some places not legal