Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone thinking of switching to a refresh Model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought about it, but I can only barely tolerate a Tesla’s lack of quality at the $65k price I paid. I know I’d regret spending $90k+ and feeling like I was driving a Kia.

Don’t get me wrong, I love driving my Tesla’s. But they’re too expensive for what they are. In all likelihood I’ll continue buying them, but at lower and lower price points so that the price starts to match the quality, not higher and higher ones.

Having owned cars from every major German luxury brand and now having owned a Model X for 2.5 years, I can assure you that the X feels nothing like a Kia.

Honestly if Tesla ever puts the air suspension in the Y or 3 it might be game over for the other models. I mean the S is the beauty queen but that’s so subjective. The ride quality is really unquestionably better in the S/X.

If you want a real 3 row BEV X is about the only option.

May end up trading my Y for an X. Idk. Never spent so much on a car. I don’t need air cushions for my butt, my buns work well. Literally the only thing I want from the X is the interior size and 6 seat config.

holding out for now for a bigger Y someday.. something like a baby of X and Y.

Reactions: cusetownusa
If you want a real 3 row BEV X is about the only option.

May end up trading my Y for an X. Idk. Never spent so much on a car. I don’t need air cushions for my butt, my buns work well. Literally the only thing I want from the X is the interior size and 6 seat config.

holding out for now for a bigger Y someday.. something like a baby of X and Y.
Model Trans

???

Check the crate dimensions as the X doesn’t have as much extra space as you’d think (or hope for). We have an S and I’ve been contemplating trading it for an X. We would need it to fit an XL crate size and the X simply doesn’t provide enough vertical height. Surprisingly, the X has the same vertical cargo height as an S (maybe the X has an inch more). Suffice it to say, the X is gargantuan on the outside but not nearly as cavernous on the inside as I imagined.

Remember, when measuring the cargo space for your crate, you can remove the flat floor panels and there is a pretty deep "basement" there that might be handy to fit the crate.

Having owned cars from every major German luxury brand and now having owned a Model X for 2.5 years, I can assure you that the X feels nothing like a Kia.
Agreed. I worked for BMW until recently, and have driven every model made in the last few years except the X7 and the 7 series (we didn’t have any of those in the office fleet). The Model Y feels like a base model first-gen (F26) X4, in terms of interior materials, seat quality, and suspension.

The Model Y’s acceleration, on the other hand, is approaching M3/M4/i8 (unless you get an MYP, which is much faster than any of those).

Last edited: