Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone tint the windshield 50%?

Texas states must have a light transmittance value of 25%. Does that level provide enough? I’ve always had cars that already had tint. The tint on my Honda seemed pretty dark and it was new from Honda when I purchased it. I think it’s darker than 25%

Great question! The darkness of the tint actually has nothing to do with heat rejection (it’s a glare/cosmetic issue). You can get almost clear 70% tints that offer far superior heat rejection versus stock. In my experience the stock tesla windows let a TON of heat in. In order to protect your interior ... and increase range due to lower HCAC use...a tint is one of the best investments you can make. A trusted local tint shop will help you find the right product. Modern tints are insanely effective, even if they aren’t dark at all.

Reactions: msm859

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC