Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone tried Android 12 Beta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From what I understand google has been pushing much of the functionality that was initially part of the Operating System into the various google system apps. The idea being it becomes much easier to upgrade, especially for manufacturers who insist on tweaking the standard OS (Yes Samsung and all the others).

Side effect is recent 'new' releases have been very stable - to the point I don't worry about putting beta 1 release on my phone.

Normal google warnings apply "This is a beta many adversely impact your device blah blah".

To be safe you should probably wait until production version is released September/October - I've yet to find anything on Android 12 that makes me think "How did I live without this"

Android 12 worked fine when I upgraded last week.

Then the car upgraded to 2021.40 and my phone will connect but will not unlock when I approach the car. Walk away lock still works. Wife's phone works and has not been upgraded to Android 12. Both are Pixel 3s.

Very odd.

Any advice?

I have a Pixel 6 Pro with Android 12.

Everything working fine. 90% of the time the car unlocks as I walk up to it. The other 10% I need to take my phone out of my pocket (I don't need to unlock my phone, just take it out - which is wierd!) befroe it unlocks.

Remember to exclude Tesla from 'Do Not Disturb' if you want to hear your alerts like car alarm during the night.

Everything working fine. 90% of the time the car unlocks as I walk up to it. The other 10% I need to take my phone out of my pocket (I don't need to unlock my phone, just take it out - which is wierd!) befroe it unlocks.

The pocket issue is particularly if you have it in a back pocket ... it's simply an issue of your body and clothing blocking the signal slightly. Some phones seem to routinely do better than others (and not related to price) ... as we approach the car together my wife's knackered old Samsung always unlocks the car first, and brings up her profile!

I have a Pixel 6 Pro with Android 12.

Remember to exclude Tesla from 'Do Not Disturb' if you want to hear your alerts like car alarm during the night.
I have similar issues - on a separate note, bit tight in the wireless charger with a case due to its size!!