Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone tried Recargo charger locator app?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Similar to PlugShare but seems to have more local info..

(I've no connection with the developer, just found that quite useful.):smile:

Search at Google Play or App Store.

Screenshot_2014-03-18-14-44-44.png
Screenshot_2014-03-18-14-45-08.png
Screenshot_2014-03-18-14-45-33.png

Similar to PlugShare but seems to have more local info..

(I've no connection with the developer, just found that quite useful.):smile:

Search at Google Play or App Store.

View attachment 45302 View attachment 45303 View attachment 45304
I've in the past found Recargo's data to be more inaccurate (wrong charger info) or just plain incomplete (missing charging stations), when compared to PlugShare's database.
Maybe that has improved though...

Recargo bought plugshare and is retiring their own mapping product in favor of promoting plugshare. I recall, but cannot find and probably deleted, an email from recargo recommending I open a PlugShare account and warning that the recargo account will be closed eventually.

Last edited:
For Hong Kong, Recargo wins, along with Open Charge Map. They both have all the public charge stations for Hong Kong (I know because I maintain and provided the data for them both). The owner is a long time Tesla owner. Plugshare was US-only, last I checked.

markwj:

Will they merge Recargo data into PlugShare? I found Recargo is much better (in Hong Kong)

Same company now - latest plugshare app is published by Recargo. I guess at some time they will merge, but not sure which will win. Plugshare seems to have imported a lot of data on Jan 15th, but just look at the plug types they support - no BS1343, so not much use for HK.

Same company now - latest plugshare app is published by Recargo. I guess at some time they will merge, but not sure which will win. Plugshare seems to have imported a lot of data on Jan 15th, but just look at the plug types they support - no BS1343, so not much use for HK.
Recargo has "Type-G" BS1363 listed under the "Other Types" heading as seen at the bottom of one of the screen shots above.

Recargo HK.jpg

Last edited:

Mark, is the author of this app also active on this forum? If so, maybe we can suggest ways of improvement.