Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

anyone tried tesla's snow chain during winter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thinking of getting a set of snow chain for tesla model 3 SR+ with rwd as emergency back for unusual heavy snow in GTA area. I already have a set of snow tires for my SR+ for winter driving everyday.

What do you guys think this product? worth it to get as backup for severe snow storm?

Is snow chain legal in Ontario?

Not sure, but there seems to be different types of winter tires. Some have bigger lugs designed for deep snow, and others are more for packed snow and ice. Perhaps chains would help with the later.

But for a real dump. You'll need a shovel. These cars don't have much ground clearance.

I use a snowblower to clear the driveway when necessary and once the roads are passable. Have never used chains in 40 years in Southern ON and Montreal. But many years ago did use chains to get up into the mountains on the Wet Coast.

Thinking of getting a set of snow chain for tesla model 3 SR+ with rwd as emergency back for unusual heavy snow in GTA area. I already have a set of snow tires for my SR+ for winter driving everyday.

What do you guys think this product? worth it to get as backup for severe snow storm?

I can’t see any need for them , save your money.

Reactions: coolmanfever

Hi. It's a smart move to consider snow chains as an emergency backup, especially in areas like GTA where weather can surprise you. While snow tires are fantastic for everyday winter driving, having chains as a precaution for severe snowstorms is a wise decision.

As for the legality, snow chains are generally legal in Ontario, but specific regulations might vary. It's crucial to check local laws and regulations to ensure compliance. Having a set of chains from TESERY, designed specifically for Tesla Model 3, is a great choice. They provide the traction you need in heavy snow, and they're easy to install.

You can check out the TESERY Tesla Model 3 Snow Chains here: Snow Chains for Tesla Model 3.

Stay safe on the roads, and here's to worry-free winter driving!

I don’t think they are allowed in the GTA. The snow tires do a great job.
Agreed. In Toronto it doesn't make sense. I have had a Model S for 8 years and snow tires work well as well as having an AWD and a heavy car. If there is enough snow to need chains there would be so much snow that roads would be impassable because of the height of the snow, like happened a couple of years ago in Jan 2022 when we got something like 50cm in one day. The snow is so high that your tires aren't touching the road.

With the tiny bit of ground clearance there is no need for snow chains in Toronto. If you have that much snow you are going to get high centered anyway. Chains would be for people that live in the mountains where the grade is steep enough that they need that extra bit of traction.

If you are in Toronto and there is so much snow that you think you need chains, then it's already too late. Stay home and wait for the plows to do their job.

Hi. It's a smart move to consider snow chains as an emergency backup, especially in areas like GTA where weather can surprise you. While snow tires are fantastic for everyday winter driving, having chains as a precaution for severe snowstorms is a wise decision.

As for the legality, snow chains are generally legal in Ontario, but specific regulations might vary. It's crucial to check local laws and regulations to ensure compliance. Having a set of chains from TESERY, designed specifically for Tesla Model 3, is a great choice. They provide the traction you need in heavy snow, and they're easy to install.

You can check out the TESERY Tesla Model 3 Snow Chains here: Snow Chains for Tesla Model 3.

Stay safe on the roads, and here's to worry-free winter driving!
Of course these guys use every opportunity to hock whatever crap they are selling without understanding whether its actually required or not. Have EVER seen anyone driving with snow chains in an urban area like the GTA, the 4th largest metropolitan in north America?