Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone tried the "Active Exhaust" systems?

Perscitus

Jan 29, 2019
New York
There are some clickbait videos floating around of someone who fitted this to their Model 3 a year or two ago... didnt make much of a splash back then.

Maybe better luck now that 3s/Ys are reaching every inch of the planet and every possible kind of owner and influencer.

drtimhill

Apr 25, 2019
Seattle
Wait is this fake cabin sounds or outside sounds for everyone else to “enjoy” ?

If the latter i will personally burn to the ground any Tesla i see doing this.

In other news, a new kit is now available to let a Tesla sound like a 19th century horse snd cart, including depositing horse poof on the roadway ( poop not supplied).

Black306

Oct 14, 2019
Sacramento
facepalm-deja-q.jpg

stopcrazypp

Dec 8, 2007
Curious if anyone out there has experience with the Hansshow or Milltek Active Exhaust system? I'd really like to get it, but it seems a bit pricey to me. Anyone?

Tesla Model 3, Active Sound Exhaust|Hansshow active sound booster

All Variants - Model S - Tesla - Products
No one brought it up, but I take it you are aware of the Boombox mode that was just added to via update to the Teslas with pedestrian speakers. You can add custom sounds to that. That can be a free way to do something similar and find out if you feel it's worth the effort.

There are also plenty of apps available for phones that allow playing back the engine sounds of various cars based on your speed, which you can easy pair with a bluetooth speaker and accomplish much the same thing for much less.

Last edited:

elptxjc

Dec 15, 2019
El Paso, TX
Tesla should have included V8 engine sounds to the other crap they added for the exterior speaker, like farts, ice-cream truck music, horses galloping, etc.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC