Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone tried the "Active Exhaust" systems?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There’s a reason why Porsche, Audi, and Mercedes ALL offer this in their standard EV lineup. But folks who buy Teslas as an appliance, same as a Corolla, may not be able to make that connection.

This really rings true. Coming from the Porsche community it is really odd to me to see so many non-enthusiasts with such strong opinions about what other people should and shouldn't do with their cars. I'm probably going to order one just to spite them - and because I really do miss hearing an engine while driving.

Reactions: T3SLAROD
This really rings true. Coming from the Porsche community it is really odd to me to see so many non-enthusiasts with such strong opinions about what other people should and shouldn't do with their cars. I'm probably going to order one just to spite them - and because I really do miss hearing an engine while driving.
Although I wouldn't likely buy one of these systems I applaud those that really don't care what people say about their own choice of mods. Some people don't seem to get that this is a strictly personal choice and other people's choices are their own. For me, if there was some mod I had strong negative feelings for, I wouldn't waste my time going to a thread about such a mod to voice my displeasure.

If you do order one of these @charlieaf92, please share your experience 😊

While the V8-powered Dodge Charger and Challenger are on the way out, the brand’s new Charger Daytona SRT Concept shows there’s life left for muscle cars.

Plus, it’s the world’s first electric car with an exhaust system. Seriously.

The system uses an amplifier to turn the whine of an electric motor from a dull background noise to something unmissable.

It also uses a special tuning chamber to make it sound deeper, with Dodge describing the noise as ‘Dark Matter’.

Dodge is calling the industry-first a ‘Fratzonic Chambered Exhaust’.

It claims it will produce a sound as loud as 126dB – that’s louder than a rock concert.

That’s also as loud as a Dodge Challenger SRT Demon, making it befittingly loud for one of the brand’s muscle cars.

• Funny
Reactions: KenC
If you do order one of these @charlieaf92, please share your experience 😊

Will do! We're in the process of moving so my task list for the foreseeable future includes reinstalling wall connector, and everything else that goes along with a house. BUT it is definitely on my radar now.

I did find this guy's video review and it further convinced me it would be a lot of fun to have.

Reactions: tlr1000
Will do! We're in the process of moving so my task list for the foreseeable future includes reinstalling wall connector, and everything else that goes along with a house. BUT it is definitely on my radar now.

I did find this guy's video review and it further convinced me it would be a lot of fun to have.

"real car"!!! Next thing we know, we'll have people offering oil and smoke generators to simulate "real" exhaust, not just the sound. Actually, I can't wait to see a coalroll-generator, so you can coalroll a diesel pickup truck. That'd be worth getting.

Reactions: danarcha
Dodge is calling the industry-first a ‘Fratzonic Chambered Exhaust’.
It claims it will produce a sound as loud as 126dB – that’s louder than a rock concert.
That’s also as loud as a Dodge Challenger SRT Demon, making it befittingly loud for one of the brand’s muscle cars.
An absolutely terrible idea to allow jerks to annoy their neighbors and bystanders with unnecessary noise pollution. I believe that California has a 92dB limit on vehicle noise which this would violate or possibly not depending on how the statue is actually written.

If California has a 92db limit than how are Mustangs, Chargers, most sport bikes, Harley Davidsons, etc etc allowed to be sold in California?
It is actually 95dB California Vehicle Exhaust Noise Laws (2022).

I'm a fan of letting things be what they naturally are. Let the V8 Muscle car roar, let the Electric vehicle be the silent stealth machine it is. I'm not a fan of forcing something to be what it isn't naturally. There's a fine line between improving aesthetics and over engineering.

Reactions: nate704
Last edited: