Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone try B.A Design works speakers/sub upgrades?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Compared the speakers tonight to my friends car (with standard Tesla audio system), and the BA Design speakers definitely have more bass and are louder at the same volume levels. Still need a subwoofer though to get the bass I want. Glad to see there is a difference though!

BA Baracus. Is he installing car stereos now?

latest

I don't get why people are still buying in to replacing the door speakers in the MS. They don't add much, if anything, to the sound stage that the stock speakers don't already provide. Replacing the stock sub with a SoundQubed sub, which is a drop in replacement, is a huge bang for the buck. The biggest bang for the buck is replacing the stock UHFS amp with the LH amp (or similar) ... what the UHFS lacks is power and bass. Adding those two things will increase the UHFS to the level it SHOULD have been from the factory. Replacing the door speakers does about jack all for sound.

This BA system for the Amp/Sub looks like it's going about the situation in the hardest way imaginable for no particular reason. Do yourself a favor and save your money: Buy a LH amp, which is a plug and play install, and a SoundQubed sub, which is a drop in replacement, and you're golden.

If you hear a "night and day" difference after installing door speakers, I have some wooden knobs and ceramic wire elevators to sell you. They will REALLY give you a lot of punch and creamy smooth sound.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
The biggest bang for the buck is replacing the stock UHFS amp with the LH amp (or similar) ... Buy a LH amp, which is a plug and play install, and a SoundQubed sub, which is a drop in replacement, and you're golden.

That works well if your car already had the UHFS system, but for those of us with the standard sound system, not quite the same simplicity of upgrade.

I wish all the cars were “wired” for the UHFS sub and amp - would make it super simple to do then.

Reactions: ACA Man
Will LH sell the amp by itself?

Thanks,

I don't get why people are still buying in to replacing the door speakers in the MS. They don't add much, if anything, to the sound stage that the stock speakers don't already provide. Replacing the stock sub with a SoundQubed sub, which is a drop in replacement, is a huge bang for the buck. The biggest bang for the buck is replacing the stock UHFS amp with the LH amp (or similar) ... what the UHFS lacks is power and bass. Adding those two things will increase the UHFS to the level it SHOULD have been from the factory. Replacing the door speakers does about jack all for sound.

This BA system for the Amp/Sub looks like it's going about the situation in the hardest way imaginable for no particular reason. Do yourself a favor and save your money: Buy a LH amp, which is a plug and play install, and a SoundQubed sub, which is a drop in replacement, and you're golden.

If you hear a "night and day" difference after installing door speakers, I have some wooden knobs and ceramic wire elevators to sell you. They will REALLY give you a lot of punch and creamy smooth sound.

Any more feedback on this kit? I was thinking about ordering.

For those that installed the door speakers, did you use an amp?

Does everyone have problems with the settings on the sub?
Myself and two others bought the kit. After watching my friend install the sub and once I heard just the speaker difference only there was no reason for the sub for myself and my other buddy. The sub is an intense install and took him about 12 hrs. Speakers are 30-45 min.

I had the BA sub installed and I am very happy with the results. I had Brody replace the advertised sub with one from JL Audio which I thought would be a better sub. I also opted out of their amp and went with a hertz amp.
As far as sound goes, if the music you listen to did not have any or much bass you’re not going to hear any or much difference. I found this to be true with oldies from the 50’s and 60’s. But with jazz you’ll hear a difference.