Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone try Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus II tires?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just put these on my 2020 X with the 20" wheels after having had the OEM CrossContact LX Sport ones it came with. So far, wow, I couldn't be more impressed. The ride seems so much smoother (There used to be no suspension setting that made the some speed bumps and dips by our house better, but seems "fine" now?), and handling better also. Noise is good, seems comparable to the stock tires when they were new. Only been a couple days, but it makes me sad I put up with the stock ones for so long.
I put these on my 2021 X after about 3500 miles on the foam Conti’s. The set of Conti’s were very noisy and rather harsh riding. I liked them on my previous X with the standard suspension. The Scorpion Verde Plus II tire is a major improvement over the stock tires in almost every way. They are much quieter even though they don’t have foam. They ride much more smoothly than stock. They have a 700 tread wear figure instead of 500. They come with 11/32 of tread instead of 9 1/2 to 10. Stick seems about the same. Frankly, the X handles way better than a 5400 pound car has any right to do. The only advantage to the Conti’s is a slightly sharper turn in. Increasing the air pressure in the Pirelli’s to about 48 helps with no damage to the ride quality. Oh yes, they cost about $100/tire less!

Reactions: Vaillant
Have 171k miles on the X, so we've been through a few sets now.
So with all the different tires you have been through on the model X, what are your favorites? Any you tried that you would particularly avoid?

And I think I saw one post from you where you mentioned changing only 2 tires at a time rather than the set of 4. I’ve only ever changed all 4 at a time, but with rears getting significantly more wear than the fronts, I’m contemplating staggering the timing. Would also be interested in your experience with that.

Follow up:

I took the X in to Tesla Sunnyvale to get aligned. Turns out there was a failed bushing which explains the handling issues. They ended up replacing the “FR SUSP AFT LINK ASSY” and then performed an alignment (all covered by warranty).

The car tracks a lot better at freeway speeds now. Clearly, the new tires had nothing to do with the previous problems. AP still struggles at 70+ mph, though, wobbling back and forth in the lane, making it unpleasant to use. This is in direct contrast to our 3, which AP does a great job with. Upon my post-repair feedback about AP, the service center recommended another service request, which they would use to initiate an OTA AP calibration. Hopefully that helps.
Looking to replace my OEM Conti for my 2017 Model X 75D. Have you noticed any major drop in efficiency? Also did you have them installed at the America's Tire next to Palo Alto Tesla SC or the one in Mountain View by Grant road?

Looking to replace my OEM Conti for my 2017 Model X 75D. Have you noticed any major drop in efficiency? Also did you have them installed at the America's Tire next to Palo Alto Tesla SC or the one in Mountain View by Grant road?
The one in MV by Grant road. They consistently have been a great place to go (and, as a result, are usually quite busy). The other day I brought my Model 3 in and they fixed a slow leak, plus swapped the two rear tires/wheels at my request, and did it all for free.

In the X, I started a new trip meter when we got the new tires and so far the efficiency is improved from before. There are a couple of caveats, though. First is that we haven’t gone through a winter season. Second is that Tesla did some suspension work on our car, so it could have also had an effect.

I’m happy with the tires and would recommend them so far. If I remember, I’ll try to take a picture of the trip meter to show the difference.

B679E1FA-C472-4E9B-A3E4-94636A5AF321.jpeg

Here are the actual stats. Since we bought the X in June of 2020, we have put on almost 24k miles, with an average of 355 Wh/mi. The new rear tires went on 10k miles ago and since then the average has been 334 Wh/mi. So, a pretty significant drop, although, like I said, the new tires haven’t been through a winter yet.

buying now scorpion plus 3 this is new model no verde avail in 275/45 wrote pirelli asking difference of verde and non verde did not get answer. putting on end of week comming off p zeros was told by tesla that inside wear on rear tire is due to ridin in low suspension settting which changes angle of rear tires. will try and report. was very hard to find in rear tire size no local shop had them had to find on internet

buying now scorpion plus 3 this is new model no verde avail in 275/45 wrote pirelli asking difference of verde and non verde did not get answer. putting on end of week comming off p zeros was told by tesla that inside wear on rear tire is due to ridin in low suspension settting which changes angle of rear tires. will try and report. was very hard to find in rear tire size no local shop had them had to find on internet
That’s odd. Many if the earlier forums cite increased inside wear from the car being elevated too high.

Needing to replace my set. The rears are pretty worn after almost 30,000. May have been somewhat overly inflated as the middle of the tire was worn the most. Verde All Season Verde II discontinued and replaced with the A/S 3.

Anyone else have the A/S 3 on their MX?

For what it is worth I had these tires as OEM on my 2017 Volvo XC90 PHEV. They worked well, but we’re a bit noisy. I replaced them with Mich equivalent tires and find the ride smother and quieter. I was -landing on replacing my Conti with Mich when they wear out.

I just put these on my 2020 X with the 20" wheels after having had the OEM CrossContact LX Sport ones it came with. So far, wow, I couldn't be more impressed. The ride seems so much smoother (There used to be no suspension setting that made the some speed bumps and dips by our house better, but seems "fine" now?), and handling better also. Noise is good, seems comparable to the stock tires when they were new. Only been a couple days, but it makes me sad I put up with the stock ones for so long.
Late response here but just got the Verdes on my 2020 LR X with 20" wheels and immediately noticed a better ride and quieter than the OEM Contis. I did get over 30k miles out of the Contis, though, and that included hauling our Airstream at least 5k miles.

Just a follow up, first ~1000 miles, my 2020 LR++ X consumed 298Wh/mi. That included a trip up into the Sierras and back, highway driving ranging from 60-85mph as well as a lot of smaller road driving, so a good mix. This is slightly higher than my overall average before the Pirellis, but my typical driving is 95%+ small town roads and slower speeds, so my thinking is that I'm doing better with the Pirellis compared to the OEM Contis.

Reactions: fetar30310