Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone try the “Buckle Booster” for car seats?

M3Nicola

Mar 23, 2019
USA
The recessed seat belt receptacles are obvioulsy terrible for car seats / booster seats. There are some who say that seat belt extenders should not be used as they make the seat belt less safe.

I just saw this new product from Seat Belt Extenders called the Buckle Booster which is supposed to solve this problem without extending the length of the seat belt. Has anyone tried this and confirmed that it works in a Model Y?

Michiganmy

Mar 5, 2021
Michigan
Ok those look really cool! I have 2 kids in boosters and they don’t have any issues buckling in my MY. They do, however, in my husbands f150. I’m going to look into those. If you know someone who has a 3D printer, they can probably make them much cheaper.

durjosep

Sep 6, 2019
Arvada, CO
These wont work. The buckles in the back seat are recessed and they don't pull out to even be able to apply. You could get extenders; however, as I understand it using extenders impacts the safety protocols related to the seatbelts. I don't remember if it was warranty or some sort of liability issue in the event of an accident. For this reason I decided not to purchase.

VikH

Supporting Member
Nov 23, 2015
Midwest, USA
My Britax Marathon convertible and Britax Grow with You front facing harness booster fit perfectly fine (no extenders or modifications) in the Model Y I tested and in my Model X.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC