Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone try the “Buckle Booster” for car seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The recessed seat belt receptacles are obvioulsy terrible for car seats / booster seats. There are some who say that seat belt extenders should not be used as they make the seat belt less safe.

I just saw this new product from Seat Belt Extenders called the Buckle Booster which is supposed to solve this problem without extending the length of the seat belt. Has anyone tried this and confirmed that it works in a Model Y?

Ok those look really cool! I have 2 kids in boosters and they don’t have any issues buckling in my MY. They do, however, in my husbands f150. I’m going to look into those. If you know someone who has a 3D printer, they can probably make them much cheaper.

These wont work. The buckles in the back seat are recessed and they don't pull out to even be able to apply. You could get extenders; however, as I understand it using extenders impacts the safety protocols related to the seatbelts. I don't remember if it was warranty or some sort of liability issue in the event of an accident. For this reason I decided not to purchase.