Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone try the new Turtle Wax Pro Graphene Wax Yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This video comparison makes it look pretty good!

Agreed. Looks like the TW beats the Adams and 303 graphene sprays on scent (TW is pleasant, Adams and 303 are solvent, chemical smells), color (the Tw is a light color where as the Adams and 303 are dark in color, so they can stain your applicator or towel), and application (Adams needs to cure for several hours and 303 needs to dry to a haze and is very tacky). TW has no cure time, goes on smooth, and can be applied to a wet or dry panel.

Turtle Wax has come out with a new graphene spray wax. Has anyone tried it on their Tesla Model 3 yet? I am thinking about buying some and would love to hear what others' experience has been:

Hybrid Solutions Pro Graphene Flex Wax 23 FL OZ

Joe,
I have not tried it, but have a feeling it will supplant your current favorite (Xtreme Solutions Polyseal) and you will say your search for the best spray sealant is over...again :D;)

Seriously though, I hope you try it and will report back.

• Funny
Reactions: Apone
have not tried it, but have a feeling it will supplant your current favorite (Xtreme Solutions Polyseal) and you will say your search for the best spray sealant is over...again :D;)

:)...LOL

Wow, you have read my previous posts!

I still love PolySeal. I actually just tried a new product from Xtreme Solutions called Topper. It is a ceramic-infused topper that can be applied on top of almost any existing coating or protection. I absolutely love it - super slick under the towel and leaves a ton of gloss.

I don't plan on trying the TW any time soon, as I still have quite a bit of my Polyseal left. But the TW Graphene Wax as well as Griot's Garage 3-in-1 ceramic sprays are both on my radar.

• Well, I just bought/received a whole gallon of the Polyseal, based on feedback from you and others. Haven’t actually tried/used it yet though, because I still have about half a spray bottle left of Beadmaker to finish. I’m guessing the TW Graphene will be more durable than Polyseal, but I am curious how well it performs/compares on gloss and slickness...

Reactions: joebruin77
  • Well, I just bought/received a whole gallon of the Polyseal, based on feedback from you and others. Haven’t actually tried/used it yet though, because I still have about half a spray bottle left of Beadmaker to finish. I’m guessing the TW Graphene will be more durable than Polyseal, but I am curious how well it performs/compares on gloss and slickness...

I think you are right. Graphene is supposed to be the next hottest thing in car protection and, once it is refined, should be more durable than ceramic. I was not impressed with the Adams or 303. The TW Graphene Wax seems to be the first legitimate contender. I'm sure others will follow.

Let us know what you think of PolySeal once you give it a try and how it compares to your experience with Beadmaker.

Haven't tried the graphene spray and probably won't for some time. I still have a lot of Beadmaker, Polyseal, and Optimum car wax on hand. For fun the other day I mixed 70/30 Polyseal and Optimum Instant Detailer. Why? Well, OID flashes well and has great gloss, but has no durability. Polyseal is also a great product but is just a little finicky on the application - wet towel, buff after application, etc. I've only tried it once but the combo of Polyseal and OID worked really well! Slicker finish, even easier to apply, and I think it has more gloss. Who knows. I have no idea how long this will last on the paint and simply *hope* there is no long-term reaction between the chemicals.

That all said, Graphene-based products sound interesting. But, I think I am at the point (actually have been) at the point of diminishing returns. The gains are all incremental...not transformational. And I just end up spending more $ and having more product sitting on my shelves :D

Reactions: joebruin77
Haven't tried the graphene spray and probably won't for some time. I still have a lot of Beadmaker, Polyseal, and Optimum car wax on hand. For fun the other day I mixed 70/30 Polyseal and Optimum Instant Detailer. Why? Well, OID flashes well and has great gloss, but has no durability. Polyseal is also a great product but is just a little finicky on the application - wet towel, buff after application, etc. I've only tried it once but the combo of Polyseal and OID worked really well! Slicker finish, even easier to apply, and I think it has more gloss. Who knows. I have no idea how long this will last on the paint and simply *hope* there is no long-term reaction between the chemicals.

That all said, Graphene-based products sound interesting. But, I think I am at the point (actually have been) at the point of diminishing returns. The gains are all incremental...not transformational. And I just end up spending more $ and having more product sitting on my shelves :D

Actually, mixing PolySeal with OID sounds like a great idea. There is a video put out by Xtreme Solutions, the maker of PolySeal, where they mix their product Topper (a ceramic infused topper) with their Jersey Devil waterless wash. You get the cleaning ability of the Jersey Devil with the gloss and slickness of the topper. Sounds like you concocted something similar.

How does this compare to The Last Coat? I've been reading up on this and just bought their stuff lately, but haven't had a chance to apply it on my car yet.

The Last Coat version 2.0 is a great ceramic spray sealant and is one of many ceramic spray sealants on the market. The Turtle Wax Graphene Flex Wax is in a whole new category of products made with Graphene. If the Turtle Wax works as advertised, it would most likely out perform The Last Coat. Then again, the TW is so new no one has done actual comparisons yet to The Last Coat or any other ceramic spray coating, at least that I am aware of. I am sure they will be posted on Youtube in the weeks ahead.

For anyone interested, Brian from Apex Detail (a car detailing youtuber who I actually respect) just posted a comparison of Turtle Wax Graphene Flex Wax to Turtle Wax Seal and Shine (a hybrid sealant that cotains both synthetic polymers and carnauba wax). In the video, Brian shows that Flex Wax does provide a bit more gloss and more slickness:

• Informative
Reactions: shaundidrake
One question I have about the Turtle Wax spray is longevity. Turtle Wax don't seem to make any claims about how long it will last, unlike 303 for example who claim their graphene sealant spray lasts up to a year. That makes me think that the Turtle Wax may not be as durable (which makes sense given the application method and no curing time). If I do pick some up, I am thinking I would probably consider it for use more like a quick detailer than a sealant (especially given the method they recommend for maintenance washes).

Reactions: SeaM3White2021
One question I have about the Turtle Wax spray is longevity. Turtle Wax don't seem to make any claims about how long it will last, unlike 303 for example who claim their graphene sealant spray lasts up to a year. That makes me think that the Turtle Wax may not be as durable (which makes sense given the application method and no curing time). If I do pick some up, I am thinking I would probably consider it for use more like a quick detailer than a sealant (especially given the method they recommend for maintenance washes).

That's a great question. While Turtle Wax does not state on the bottle how long it lasts, I did find the info on their website that the liquid graphene wax gives 12+ months of protection. I could not find any info on the Turtle Wax website about the duration of the Flex Wax. You could contact Turtle Wax customer service and ask them the duration of Flex Wax.

I have not used either the 303 or the TW graphene products yet. But based on the video reviews I have seen, I think the TW offes a couple advantages over the 303. With Turtle Wax, you can use the liquid wax as your base protection on the paint and the Flex Wax for the maintenance. You could also use the Flex Wax as your base protection, but my guess is that it does not last quite as long as the liquid wax (I could be wrong on that). But the Flex Wax can indeed be used as a maintenance spray. You can even use it as a drying aid. 303 cannot be used as a drying aid and does not offer a graphene spray like TW. Plus since the TW uses real graphene as opposed to graphene oxide (used in 303), the TW is light in color whereas the 303 is very dark. Some reviewers commented on how 303 stained their towels and applicators. Finally, the 303 has a strong solvent, chemical smell where as the TW waxes have a pleasant, non chemically smell. Overall, it sounds like the TW graphene waxes are easier to use and offer a more pleasant experience.

Reactions: freeAgent