Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone try the new Turtle Wax Pro Graphene Wax Yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is it like to use the 303 graphene product? I heard that it does provide great shine, but that it has a strong chemical smell and can be a bit "grabby" when applying it. What was your experience like?
I thought it was very easy to use. I was outside and smell was not an issue as I don't recall smell at all. I also just used it on a 2006 Highlander we have after using compound and clay bar. It was more grabby on that older surface.
On the bolt, I out a top coat of carnival wax over the 303 - maybe a no no but it left the car very glossy and smoother than any car I've owned.

Reactions: joebruin77
I’ve had it for over a month. Great results minimum effort. I use it on my wrap and it brings out the reflections something I didn’t see when the wrap just got finished at the shop. Have done 2 coats, the wrap feels slick, rain on windows stay cleaner.

Attachments

• A4F36361-CDD8-4C59-8394-75482BB2DAFF.jpeg
    A4F36361-CDD8-4C59-8394-75482BB2DAFF.jpeg
    513.6 KB · Views: 242
  • 594DADD1-0103-4E5D-95F4-0D483BD38E6D.jpeg
    594DADD1-0103-4E5D-95F4-0D483BD38E6D.jpeg
    369.1 KB · Views: 149
I thought it was very easy to use. I was outside and smell was not an issue as I don't recall smell at all. I also just used it on a 2006 Highlander we have after using compound and clay bar. It was more grabby on that older surface.
On the bolt, I out a top coat of carnival wax over the 303 - maybe a no no but it left the car very glossy and smoother than any car I've owned.
sorry.. typing on a phone is not a skill of mine. :) - "put on a top coat of carnuba wax"...

Also - I expect my brand new M3 to be plenty shiny but I could post before/after pics if desired. It's all just learning for me and I like to do as much as I can myself.

I got a bottle of the graphene flex wax today and tried it out. It looks great, but was a bear to wipe off, as I got lots of streaking. Started out per the instructions, 1-2 sprays per panel, then wipe with a microfiber, and wipe off with another microfiber. I had a little better luck by spraying a microfiber directly with one spray for each panel, then wipe off with another microfiber.

I was using mostly Mother’s speed wax before this, which is super quick and easy, no steaks and looks good. Hopefully the graphene stuff will be worth the little extra work. I’ve also used the Mothers Ceramic, but got annoyed with having to throw out the microfibers afterwards.

I thought ceramic coating negates waxing? I havent waxed mine and it shines nicely after each wash having applied ceramic coating 2 years ago.

people like to doublelayer products, for ceramic coatings you sometimes dont get the deep warm lustre that wax offers but you can artifically add that by layering wax on top.

There are some products which have some standout features and under certain circumstances offer certain advantages as a top coat. Here are some:

spray sealants i.e. 303/h20 etc : Quick application with a pressure hose and able to get into crevasses i.e. wheels

TW Seal and Shine : By far the slickest product. I.e. if you want to impress people at car shows to touch or by letting towels etc slide off the paint.. Also provides insane chemical resistance and dust resistance but not durability.

Wax i.e. butterwet wax: best appearance, gives a deep lustre which only lasts for 1-2 weeks unfortunately and attracts dust

TW ceramic hybrid wax: Can be used as a drying/lubricating agent when wiping the car down and does a rediculous job at that.

Certain quick detailers: some of them add dust resistance i.e. TW ceramic hybrid wax is a dust magnet.

people like to doublelayer products, for ceramic coatings you sometimes dont get the deep warm lustre that wax offers but you can artifically add that by layering wax on top.

There are some products which have some standout features and under certain circumstances offer certain advantages as a top coat. Here are some:

spray sealants i.e. 303/h20 etc : Quick application with a pressure hose and able to get into crevasses i.e. wheels

TW Seal and Shine : By far the slickest product. I.e. if you want to impress people at car shows to touch or by letting towels etc slide off the paint.. Also provides insane chemical resistance and dust resistance but not durability.

Wax i.e. butterwet wax: best appearance, gives a deep lustre which only lasts for 1-2 weeks unfortunately and attracts dust

TW ceramic hybrid wax: Can be used as a drying/lubricating agent when wiping the car down and does a rediculous job at that.

Certain quick detailers: some of them add dust resistance i.e. TW ceramic hybrid wax is a dust magnet.
Hmmm I think I’ll up my game a little but not interested in using something that adds more time consuming steps to the process. The spray sealant looks promising.

I thought ceramic coating negates waxing? I havent waxed mine and it shines nicely after each wash having applied ceramic coating 2 years ago.

There are different opinions on what is the best topper to place on top of a ceramic coating. Some people have used waxes on top of their coating and like doing so. But I personally would not use a traditional wax on top of a coating. Waxes will not bond to the coating so shortly after you apply your wax to the coating, it will degrade rather quickly.

Instead of a wax, I would personally use a ceramic boost spray. If you had your coating professionally installed, you can ask your installer what ceramic boost spray they recommend. To maintain a ceramic coating and maximize the life and durability of it, you need to wash it on a regular basis and also apply a ceramic boost spray every 3-4 months.

Another very simple and efficient way to top a coating is to use a ceramic-infused topper as a drying aid. For example, I use and love Xtreme Solutions Topper as a drying aid after each rinseless wash.

If you like the idea of a wax, there are ceramic-infused sprays that also contain wax such as Griot's Garage Ceramic 3-in-1 Wax or Xtreme Solutions PolySeal. These can be applied to a clean and dry coating and/or you can use them as drying aids.

BTW, here is a helpful article from Dr. Beasley's on how to maintain a ceramic coating. Application of a ceramic boost spray is discussed in step 4 "Quarterly Reinforcement Treatments":

here's a great comparison between Turtle Wax Graphene Flex Wax and Seal and Shine.

I also like Sonax spray and seal for the wheels, spray on and pressure wash off. I'll also use this on the vehicle if I need to do something faster than the flex wax.

I just did my wife's black XC90 with the Flex Wax and the gloss is incredible as is the smoothness. If you get streaking you're probably using too much product. hit it again with a damp microfiber towel and buff off again and it should clear that up.

here's a great comparison between Turtle Wax Graphene Flex Wax and Seal and Shine.

I also like Sonax spray and seal for the wheels, spray on and pressure wash off. I'll also use this on the vehicle if I need to do something faster than the flex wax.

I just did my wife's black XC90 with the Flex Wax and the gloss is incredible as is the smoothness. If you get streaking you're probably using too much product. hit it again with a damp microfiber towel and buff off again and it should clear that up.

Thanks! I had some time this morning and did another coat on the car, but wish I had seen your post before doing it...

I still had streaking. I tried to use less amount of product, but it didnt help. It’s nice to know that you can use a damp microfiber to get rid of it, but it’s still more work than using a simple easy on easy off spray wax (I’m comparing to Mothers speed shine, but the are lots of easy on easy off waxes out there). When I use the speed wax, I can quickly do my entire car in about 15 min. Its so easy, I typically apply weekly, or every other week at the most. I’d say the Flex wax probably took me twice as long because of the streaking. Still not bad, but something to consider if you are lazy like me.

The flex wax does look nice though. I will keep using the stuff, until I finish up my bottle. But, I’m not sure if I‘ll buy another bottle when I’m done with it.

Reactions: iSpine
You do have to be very careful with the amount of these ceramic or graphene sealants/waxes you apply, and it is super easy to get streaking. Now that I have a base layer on my car, I'm just doing maintenance by spraying the panels and then hitting them with my pressure washer during regular washes. That works great and I don't have to worry about the streaking vs. the base layer application. If you're lazy, you could probably even skip the base layer and go right to "maintenance" style washes as long as you've got a pressure washer (which you should!).

Reactions: f308gt4

seal and shine does very well in lab tests but isnt that great in real life because it afaik doesnt really bond with paint. but that makes it good as a topper too

• Informative
Reactions: iSpine
Just curious, are you applying Seal and Shine to clean unprotected paint or are you applying it to paint that has a ceramic coating or some other protection on it?
Clear polished paint as an initial coat. I do a lot of roadtrips with similar conditions and distance and single long australian roads with hardly any driving inbetween and this has given me a unique opportunity to real life test sealants. Seal and shine doesnt do very well with rain and road grime etc and wears off after just 1000km or so on the front and lower side of the car.
I have always presumed this is due to the lack of bonding to paint. This is further supported by the fact that the product has no cure time. Tw hybrid ceramic wax is much more dureable but needs to cure for 24h beforehand which they also mention on the bottle. Seal and shine also cant be applied to i.e. the windscreen as the windscreen wipers will take it off rather quickly. Again i presume its the abrasion of the rubber as you can throw chemicals all day long at it without it coming off (unlike lets say ceramic hybrid wax which isnt as resistant especially without curing time)

I dont use ceramic coatings as they are pointless for my circumstances. I drive a lot on rural highways so i get roadrash everywhere so i rather fix that and then reapply a sealant on top.

Yes an industrial ceramic coating or ppf would be good but its a) not perfect protection and b) i did the maths and rather respray the car in 5 to 10 years. Rather have the money in the stockmarket for that time imho