Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone try the new Turtle Wax Pro Graphene Wax Yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Given that turtle wax seal and shine is arguably the best product on the market, beating even the new graphene coatings in tests I do wonder how their new graphite wax compares to this?

I have been wondering the same thing and have been keeping an eye out for videos comparing the two. This is the only video I have found so far. It is from Brian with Apex Detail, who is a reputable detailing youtuber and one who gives honest opinions. In this video, he compared the original formula Seal and Shine to the new graphene Flex Wax. I believe he showed that the gloss was a bit higher with the flex wax, but S and S was still slightly more durable. I would be curious to compare S and S to the liquid TW graphene wax topped with the flex wax. I believe the liquid wax may be a bit more durable than the flex wax.

• Helpful
Reactions: shaundidrake
I have been wondering the same thing and have been keeping an eye out for videos comparing the two. This is the only video I have found so far. It is from Brian with Apex Detail, who is a reputable detailing youtuber and one who gives honest opinions. In this video, he compared the original formula Seal and Shine to the new graphene Flex Wax. I believe he showed that the gloss was a bit higher with the flex wax, but S and S was still slightly more durable. I would be curious to compare S and S to the liquid TW graphene wax topped with the flex wax. I believe the liquid wax may be a bit more durable than the flex wax.

I am actually wondering re: Seal n Shine vs a specific graphite TURTLE WAX product.

Pan the organizer tested Seal n Shine vs 303 Graphene vs Adams Graphene - and Seal n Shine was by far easiest to apply and felt the smoothest and seemed to work just as well as the graphene products.

Hence I wonder what a graphene spray with turtle wax secret formula would work like...

It's just so hard to beat seal n shine because it doesnt smear and is just so easy to apply.
It does have its limits though i.e. Seal and Shine gets removed by Windex...

I’m confused I thought ceramic coating replaces waxing? Why would I need this?

Ceramic coatings and sprays will continue to be just fine for many people. But graphene may be the next "big thing", similar to when ceramic products first came on the market. As to why someone would want graphene over ceramic, here is a summary from a post from Adam's Polishes:

"What we saw in quantitative and qualitative testing, in and out of the lab, was dramatically improved hydrophobic character, increased gloss, higher tensile strength yielding more scratch and mar resistance, and further improved resistivity to water spot etching and detergent washes – often taking in the hundreds of traditional car washes or even thousands of scrubs on our Elcometer Abrasion-Washability tester "

Here is the link to their informative post:

What's The Difference Between Graphene And Traditional Ceramic Coatings?

• Informative
I got a bottle of this delivered over the holidays. I figure I need to do a proper detail before first application though so it may be another few weeks before I give it a whirl. Ive been doing Zaino multicoats for a long time and its getting tedious. Looking for something a bit easier.

I got a bottle of this delivered over the holidays. I figure I need to do a proper detail before first application though so it may be another few weeks before I give it a whirl. Ive been doing Zaino multicoats for a long time and its getting tedious. Looking for something a bit easier.

I think the graphene Flex Wax from Turtle Wax is about as easy as it gets. It's called Flex Wax because it is so flexible in how it can be applied. It can be used as a spray wax, as a "spray / rinse off" sealant, and as a drying aid. So if you are looking for graphene protection with a very easy application, I think you have found the right product.

$26 for spray wax? Good lord. Let me save you guys some cash.

https://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Wax-T...ds=turtle+wax+spray+wax&qid=1609783898&sr=8-5

$4.97

Ive had my car for 13 months. I did a full detail when I got it. Clay bar and hand wax. No paint correction except for one panel. I use this spray wax after I wash and its still shiny, smooth, and looks brand new. Stop throwing money at products that make a negligible difference. Tesla owners part with their money on ridiculous things so easily its crazy.

Reactions: SummerlinChiro
$26 for spray wax? Good lord. Let me save you guys some cash.

https://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Wax-T...ds=turtle+wax+spray+wax&qid=1609783898&sr=8-5

$4.97

Ive had my car for 13 months. I did a full detail when I got it. Clay bar and hand wax. No paint correction except for one panel. I use this spray wax after I wash and its still shiny, smooth, and looks brand new. Stop throwing money at products that make a negligible difference. Tesla owners part with their money on ridiculous things so easily its crazy.

The Wax & Dry product from Turtle Wax is a great drying aid and is very economical at $5 per bottle. But, IMO, you are comparing apples to oranges. Even though the new graphene flex wax is in a sprayable form, it is a much stronger form of protection than the Wax & Dry. The Wax & Dry has carnuaba wax. It does provide some gloss, but compared to the Flex Wax, the amount of protection it offers is pretty weak. Below is a video comparing 3 different types of drying aids from Brian with Apex Detail. In the video, he shows an increase in gloss, but the Wax & Dry along with the other two died after just one application of an All Purpose Cleaner. Plus carnuaba wax deteriorates in extreme heat. So for those of us who live in hot climates, the carnauba wax alone is not a good option.

Yes, the graphene Flex Wax is much more expensive. But as long as you don't overuse it (one spray per panel), a bottle should last you at least 6 months. I personally think the stronger protection from chemicals and heat with the graphene spray is worth the extra $20 spread across 6 months.

I’ve been using the turtle wax ceramic wet wax since I got my model 3 and sometimes meguiars liquid ceramic wax and got the graphene flex wax two weeks ago. It is definitely glossier and makes the paint smoother than the turtle wax ceramic and seems to keep the car cleaner for longer. I wouldn’t recommend putting it on glass though. While the ceramic buffed off easily on glass the graphene takes way too much effort to be worth it I’ll just stick to rain x for that.

I used the Turtle Wax graphene spray product on my car over Suntek PPF. I also applied it to the glass. I'm pretty satisfied with it so far, but it's only been on for two weeks with light driving. It definitely leaves a slick finish that feels waxy. I don't think the wipe-off is quite as easy as I see a lot of people claiming, but it's not bad. I intend to use the wet spray and power wash maintenance method during washes.

Reactions: joebruin77
The Wax & Dry product from Turtle Wax is a great drying aid and is very economical at $5 per bottle. But, IMO, you are comparing apples to oranges. Even though the new graphene flex wax is in a sprayable form, it is a much stronger form of protection than the Wax & Dry. The Wax & Dry has carnuaba wax. It does provide some gloss, but compared to the Flex Wax, the amount of protection it offers is pretty weak. Below is a video comparing 3 different types of drying aids from Brian with Apex Detail. In the video, he shows an increase in gloss, but the Wax & Dry along with the other two died after just one application of an All Purpose Cleaner. Plus carnuaba wax deteriorates in extreme heat. So for those of us who live in hot climates, the carnauba wax alone is not a good option.

Yes, the graphene Flex Wax is much more expensive. But as long as you don't overuse it (one spray per panel), a bottle should last you at least 6 months. I personally think the stronger protection from chemicals and heat with the graphene spray is worth the extra $20 spread across 6 months.

but isnt graphene flex wax still inferior to their seal and shine?

but isnt graphene flex wax still inferior to their seal and shine?

I would want to see some more comparisons between the Flex Wax and Seal and Shine. In his head to head test, Brian showed that the Flex Wax offered more gloss and slickness, while Seal and Shine offered slightly better chemical resistance and durability. Personally, I would choose the Flex Wax over Seal and Shine as I love gloss and slickness. And I would not worry about the difference in durability as the Flex Wax is so easy to apply, I would not go months and months between applications.

Although the Flex Wax can be used on its own, the best protection is achieved when you use both the Turtle Wax Liquid Graphene Wax as your base protection on the paint and then use the Flex Wax as a topper for the liquid wax. I would be interested in seeing a comparison of Seal and Shine vs the combination of the liquid graphene wax and Flex Wax.

I recently got the 303 nano Graphene and was very impressed with the shine and results. I have a white M3 due to deliver in the next few weeks and plan to at least use this solution until the bottle is gone. Agreed its dark but wipes clear.

I recently got the 303 nano Graphene and was very impressed with the shine and results. I have a white M3 due to deliver in the next few weeks and plan to at least use this solution until the bottle is gone. Agreed its dark but wipes clear.

What is it like to use the 303 graphene product? I heard that it does provide great shine, but that it has a strong chemical smell and can be a bit "grabby" when applying it. What was your experience like?

I'm using the TW graphene flex wax now and am very happy with it. very noticeable gloss enhancement, very slick, and much easier to work with than the sonax brilliant shine detailer I was using for incredible beading. I'm happy thus far but haven't done a full decon followed up by application so I'm not expecting spectacular durability but I'll likely do that in the spring when it warms up and will use it as a drying aid after that as well.