Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Uncork a 60D (limited 75)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i think if you spend another 2k to unlock your battery and it was made in 2017 you may be eligible from what i have deduced. Why they wouldnt offer the 60d is odd to me if a 75d was made at the exact same time because there is no hardware diff just software opened battery to full capacity. Does the uncorking need a full capacity battery to work?

My service center indicated that my X60D was not eligible because it was not a 75D and they couldn't confirm whether or not it would be eligible if I upgraded the range ($5900 CDN). I emailed Tesla directly to try and get a better answer.

I was told today by the admin that my 60D “was not a 75D” and that the upgrade was only for 75D. No other info yet. I’m digging deeper.

I for one will not pay the outrageous $4500 to upgrade for this and the range. $2500 we are in business. But for Model x the price is still way too high for a lousy ~10Kwh useable charge

Reactions: nikeykid
I was told today by the admin that my 60D “was not a 75D” and that the upgrade was only for 75D. No other info yet. I’m digging deeper.

I for one will not pay the outrageous $4500 to upgrade for this and the range. $2500 we are in business. But for Model x the price is still way too high for a lousy ~10Kwh useable charge

$4500?????? why is the S only $2000?

Picked my car up from the SC today (one year service) and they still maintain that pre July 1, 2017 cars are ineligible, which is completely contrary to what we all know to be true on this website (thank you TMC). My tech showed me the email from the lead. I figured I would wait until more info was available.

For those who escalated to Tesla, did you email the executive team?

Picked my car up from the SC today (one year service) and they still maintain that pre July 1, 2017 cars are ineligible, which is completely contrary to what we all know to be true on this website (thank you TMC). My tech showed me the email from the lead. I figured I would wait until more info was available.

For those who escalated to Tesla, did you email the executive team?
flat out lies. Blatant bs. Misinformation! Not blaming the sc but corporate level.

I just got this response from tesla exec escalation:

“Hi Raymond,

I just checked with a lead technician and an Engineer, and if you upgrade to a 75D, you WILL be eligible for the performance upgrade as well. It will take 2 hours and you will just need to go into your local service center.

Let us know if you need anything else. Thanks!
Alli | Escalations Team
24/7 Support 1-877-79-TESLA”

That answers that!

“Hi Raymond,

I just checked with a lead technician and an Engineer, and if you upgrade to a 75D, you WILL be eligible for the performance upgrade as well. It will take 2 hours and you will just need to go into your local service center.

Alli | Escalations Team

That answers that!
for you from 1 sc..lol

for you from 1 sc..lol

“Hi Raymond,

Alli | Escalations Team

That answers that!
ok what i meant is was it based on your own car vin or all 60d once a person unlocks the battery??

sorry didnt mean to be flip.