Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Uncork a 60D (limited 75)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, you can. You will have to call or email your local SC to confirm and/or contact Tesla (via MyTesla) for a second opinion if you get shot down by SC.

Odds are that your vehicle is uncorkable. You have two things going for you

1) USA (Canada/overseas seem to getting a high proportion of No's)

2) Your VIN is well within the range of other uncorked VINs reported in the spreadsheet below.

Tesla Uncorking 75D Tracker

I should add that I was previously told “no” by the Denver service center.

My VIN is 171XXX and I’ve been rejected 3 times, including today after escalating via My Tesla. The standard ‘due to the date of production’ line. It’s so frustrating, I wouldn’t mind if Tesla said, ‘hey we’re doing this slowly just to make sure it’s all good,’ but the constant rejection without answering any questions is poor. Such a shame as it’s a great thing they are doing, could just be handled better.

Reactions: Gur814
I'm a MS 60D (or I was until yesterday). The SC took a day to get back to me so they could make sure but I'm VIN range 169XXX and they told me yes, 100% I can get the uncorking if I upgrade. Ranger will be here Tuesday to swap my center console screen and uncork my now 75D. Since your VIN is after mine that's pretty lame news they gave you. Lets hope it's just a slow rollout in your region.

Did they really say they were swapping your center console screen? It is a software upgrade they have to do by connecting a laptop to a connector below the console screen - not replace it... Easy process...

Sorry if it wasn't clear. Due to my production date I have the same yellow tinting as others around the edge that's gotten worse over time. It's unrelated but it's why he will be here in the first place. So yea my screen is getting replaced, but not because of anything to do with uncorking.

I have a lease so decided I didn't really need the 75 upgrade from my 60D. Why spend more on a lease? But now, uncorking?!!!! Damn Tesla , you really know how to open my wallet! Emailing Tesla and the answer I get will determine whether or not I keep the 60 or upgrade. Yes I like to floor it once in a while because I have yet to grow up and mature to my age. Ask my wife. :eek:

P.S. Last weekend I drove nearly 1000 miles in 5 days. Supercharged 8 times ! I could have skipped a couple of those with a 75. But this is also not normal driving for me.

One of my colleagues was in for routine service last Friday on his Dec. 2016-Jan. 2017 build S60D. He paid the $2000 to go to a 75, and then got the uncorking. He even got the new rear liftgate badging for his now 75. He is thrilled--basically a new car.

Just got out of my upgrade appointment. I was a December 2016 build 60D (171***), upgraded to 75D on 10/26. Appointment was supposed to take 2 hours. Actually took 45 minutes ("everything went perfect on the first try").

And excuse my French, but Holy *sugar*. It's the equivalent of adding a mildly tuned blower to an ICE car.

$2k for 40 more miles of range and this kind of performance boost is the deal of the decade.

My car started out as a 75D purchased March 2016 (168***) and was uncorked Thursday Nov. 2nd. I setup an appointment with some minor issues and when I arrived the tech said I was eligible for the upgrade. I was surprised because I heard there was an upgrade but I thought it was for the last batch of 75Ds coming out of production. I happily excepted and got my car back the next day with a little quicker step to it. It may be my imagination but it also seems like the car does not consume electric as fast. I noticed the following day I took a trip that I take very often that once I arrived at the Super Charger approximately 85 miles away that I had much more juice then I had in the past. Same drive same amount I always charge it but 20+ miles more efficient. Could just be me but in the last few days I have noticed I really don't have a need to plug in because I have so much left at the end of the day. I drive a lot, when I bought the car it had less than 50 miles on it I now have 23,000 on it in 8 months.

Ranger just left a little while ago. Upgraded the firmware to .44 and monitored it remotely. Said it was all set. Took it out for a spin and while it feels peppy I still see the P3 setting instead of P1 for Performance Config in Teslafi. They may have to return to finish it is my guess. As I understand it everyone who has been uncorked is seeing P1 for this var.
[Edit]
Confirmed with him it didn't take and he'll head back out to make sure. I'm glad I was able to verify it.

Last edited:
Ranger just left a little while ago. Upgraded the firmware to .44 and monitored it remotely. Said it was all set. Took it out for a spin and while it feels peppy I still see the P3 setting instead of P1 for Performance Config in Teslafi. They may have to return to finish it is my guess. As I understand it everyone who has been uncorked is seeing P1 for this var.
[Edit]
Confirmed with him it didn't take and he'll head back out to make sure. I'm glad I was able to verify it.

Is there a reason why it hasn’t taken, or is it just one of those things?

My ranger had to return and give it another go. I guess the finishing step is pushing a firmware update after a number of settings including 'Performance Config' and 'Performance Addon'. There is a bit of an AT&T dead spot near my garage so he had to eventually move the car down the driveway to complete the final firmware push. Looks like I'm all uncorked and my VIN range was 169XXX. I can't wait to drive it in a few hours :).

At the SC now for uncorking and rebadging to 75 (upgraded from 60 last week after they said I’d be eligible for uncorking). The estimate given was 2 hours.
It took just over 2 hours. They took it for a quick 1-2 mile test drive after uncorking and installing the latest software update (17.44).

While the short trip home didn’t have too many opportunities to let her loose, HOLY SMOKES uncorking is noticeable. No regrets whatsoever on upgrading to 75.

The Dallas service center has been top notch on every visit and every concern brought to their attention.

I got to floor it on my favorite on-ramp a couple hours ago after uncorking. Worth it, I'd agree. It's certainly an unmistakable difference after test driving the first attempt that didn't take and comparing to placebo effect. I'm stoked :)