Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone understand the M3 used car market?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m in the market for an SR+ or LR. I was negotiating with a guy — 2019 SR+, AP, HW3, 5800 miles, Black with White. His lowest is $37K (asking $38K). Carvana offer was $31,800 for my zip code.

My goal for it is $35-36K. We’ll see how it goes.
Money talks. Cashiers check in hand will likely close it at 36K.

Tesla used isn’t that far off on SR+ used cars either, they rarely post for below 37K and inventory cars lucky to see $500 adjustment on.

It’s springs, wheels, brakes, boost, and then you’re still .5 sec slower.

Whenever I feel like I need to upgrade, I just go and punch it with my LR AWD to remind myself it’s still plenty fast for me. Hard not to get the boost, and I probably will because they make it so easy and tempting.

Reactions: JBT66
Run away from the E9x series M3s. The V8 is sweet, but those road bearings fail out of nowhere. They look nice tho!

That’s my other car. Loved it before the Model 3 AWD+ took over the garage spot. All I do now is move it from parking space to parking space. Luckily rod bearings were swapped by 20k miles ago (during my ownership). Need to sell it at some point though...

Thoughts on this price?

$36,500
SR+
Black Exterior
White Interior
18” Aeros
AP with HW3
5200 miles

I realize I can buy the same configuration brand new for $41,900 + $1,200 destination fee.

Interested in purchasing and adding FSD, but torn about adding the $7k expense to be $43,500 net.

Thoughts on this price?

$36,500
SR+
Black Exterior
White Interior
18” Aeros
AP with HW3
5200 miles

I realize I can buy the same configuration brand new for $41,900 + $1,200 destination fee.

Interested in purchasing and adding FSD, but torn about adding the $7k expense to be $43,500 net.

That is a good deal. Almost brand new, you have no worries as you have full warranty.
TAKE IT

What are your personal thoughts on FSD?
Seller is willing to add it and then I buy for $7K more ($43,500) and allows me to finance it over the term as opposed to pay on my credit card.

The seller is being very trustworthy to offer this. He could end up adding it and then you back out of the transaction and now he’s stuck with a $7K bill for FSD on a car he is trying to sell.

But I agree with the sentiment that you should save your money. If you really want to spend $7K spend it to get a Long Range battery car, not FSD.

Reactions: Jeff Davlt and tvad
Just saw this one on craigslist:
2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance

I couldn't understand its $66k price at all. You can buy the exact same car brand new for $57K + $1200 destination fee. At least at PA there is still $1500 rebate.

These cars are not really “for sale”. They are in the category called “I’ll list my car for a stupid price and if you are dumb enough to pay it you can have it”.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
This thread made me curious so I went to Carvana just to see what they would offer. $31k for my 2018 LR AWD with standard 18” wheels and 66k miles on it. That’s more than I thought it would be considering the high mileage, wonder what they would pay for one with more normal miles in the 20k to 30k range. Doesn’t really matter as there’s no way I’m selling it yet, best car I’ve ever owned!

They offered me like $43k for my 2018 P3D- with 10k miles...