Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone upgrading to a Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Things look very different for Tesla now compared to when the Model 3 was first released. The tax credits played a big role in determining which trim levels came first and when price drops would occur. Now that is all history. And the Model Y is expected to outsell the Model 3/S/X sales combined. Tesla has not released Model Y reservations numbers but my guess is they are substantial. If you are thinking about buying one I would go ahead and put your deposit down now. You can always cancel or delay but you may find there is a very long wait, especially if the ramp up does not happen quickly.

I would not expect to see any price drops for a very long time.

Need 6 seats, so I'm waiting for the 3 row SR version. Too bad they don't allow orders yet. I ordered the SR Cybertruck. Wonder which will be released first?

I hope I don't lose too much if I sell/trade the 3, but we might just become a 2 Tesla family and give up gas altogether

I’m really considering the upgrade. With a toddler it’ll just be easier and roomier for everyone.

I got my 3 in May 2018, wondering if I get the Y early will it have free data? Or should I wait and hope for Y price to drop like it did for the 3?

I might add a Y, however I'm not upgrading.

Wait...upgrade? I don't believe the Y is an upgrade. hmmmmm

Need 6 seats, so I'm waiting for the 3 row SR version. Too bad they don't allow orders yet. I ordered the SR Cybertruck. Wonder which will be released first?

I hope I don't lose too much if I sell/trade the 3, but we might just become a 2 Tesla family and give up gas altogether

You put down a reservation for the Cybertruck or did you order one?

BTW....I'm doing what you are doing in adding a Model y. I would NEVER get rid of my P3D.

You put down a reservation for the Cybertruck or did you order one?

BTW....I'm doing what you are doing in adding a Model y. I would NEVER get rid of my P3D.

reservation for the Cybertruck but my point was it allowed a cheaper SWD reservation for the Cybertruck. I realize they won't make them 1st (like the 3) but they should allow reservations for it.

Last edited: