Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone use 13A charging cable?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to leave yourself open to all charging options, and plug-in whenever chargers are available. Charging EV is like charging your smartphone, we don't wait till the last moment when the low power warning signal is on. Very different from ICE which will be usually tanked up at the last moment.

Thanks for all the comment, but actually I work at place where SC is available, so no need for 13A. Also my research show me a lot of public charging place is Standard Plug available, so not sure if investing on a cable that I may not use often will be wasting.

Thanks for all the comment, but actually I work at place where SC is available, so no need for 13A. Also my research show me a lot of public charging place is Standard Plug available, so not sure if investing on a cable that I may not use often will be wasting.

Standard plug is 13A three pronged..... the plug you get for free with the tesla is the medium charging cable with the holes like the cross section of a bee hive

Sorry, I do mean most public charging car park is the "bee hive" plug
Most government public car parks come with Type 2 32A single phase medium charger "bee hive". The charging rate is about 32km / hr. The problem now is not the number of chargers but most of the charging slots are occupied by ICE especially those in government public car parks.

The HKSAR government gave a false statement that charging facilities were adequate which backed up by a low utilization rate of chargers. The actual situation is those charging slots are occupied by ICE not available for EV, hence low utilization rate.