Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone use a Photochromic type window tint for the giant back window - roof glass on the Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On my last Model 3 I had one solid tint from the back window up to the roof so as not to have a cheesy looking line in the tint. The bummer about this is the rear passengers losing the ability to see much at nighttime through the roof glass. Has anyone tried to use a Photochromic film for this application? Thank you for any suggestions. My new M3 P will be here in the next couple of weeks.

On my last Model 3 I had one solid tint from the back window up to the roof so as not to have a cheesy looking line in the tint. The bummer about this is the rear passengers losing the ability to see much at nighttime through the roof glass. Has anyone tried to use a Photochromic film for this application? Thank you for any suggestions. My new M3 P will be here in the next couple of weeks.
Does this exist with a limit to how dark it gets? Does it actually block IR or just get darker?