Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

anyone use paintless dent repair on their model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I came out of my local grocery store yesterday to find two large carts had sailed into the side of my pride and joy leaving a button size ding in my drivers side back door. considering the wind and the weight of the carts, it could have been way worse. its a dime size shallow dent. no scratch at all.

Has anyone used paintless dent repair with any success on their model 3 or other tesla? I found a local place in austin that charges $75 for such a dent. which is nothing for the piece of mind to know my baby is whole again.

Thoughts

I was spraying tire shine on my tires after a car wash and slipped on the ice (a few months ago obviously). I still had the can in my hand so my first reaction was to make sure the can was far away from the car. I ended up putting a nice sized dent on the rear door with my elbow! Forget tennis elbow, I had just invented the "Tesla elbow." :p

Dad jokes aside, PDR fixed it up perfectly! They had to take the interior door panel off but you can't even tell the car was previously dented at all. YMMV depending on the tech...
Before:
IMG_20190106_160939.jpg

After:
IMG_20190114_165137.jpg

This is my S getting a dent fixed. Its a long video, so you can just look at the beginning and end. $75 is really good. Happy with the work and would recommend. Only thing I didn't like is that he was using some polish to clean the panel for his tools to stick, so I had to wax my car again.

Reactions: austinmichaeld
Your local service center should be able to recommend somebody.

My M3 was delivered with a golfball-sized dent in the rear fender. Fenders are welded on so no replacement possible. Tesla sent someone out to fix at my residence. Took an hour or so -- perfect result.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP