Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • TMC will be going down for some maintenance soon.

Anyone use the Pixel 5 with the OEM wireless charger?

EvanVanVan

Mar 1, 2019
NJ
Topic, does it work reliably? I don't have much experience with wireless chargers, but I tried to use PopSocket's PopPower wireless charger and I couldn't get the charger to work reliably due to alignment issues. For anyone with the Pixel 5, is it simple enough to drop it on the pad and have it "just work" or does it take some fiddling with to get it to not stop?

I'm considering upgrading my 2018 Model 3's USB-A ports to USB-C (Model 3 new USB C center console data hub from model Y?), but only want to order the Tesla wireless charger and "phone dock bar" (?) if it works well.

Thank you

dasn

Aug 14, 2019
Sydney
Not answering your question directly but thought this might be helpful:

I don't have the OEM wireless charger but I have the Jeda V2 and the coil is a little higher than where my Pixel 5 will sit against the base, but I'm able to get it to charge if I place the phone a little higher (5mm?). Once it starts charging it'll continue to work even if the phone slides down and rests on the base again.

• Helpful
Reactions: EvanVanVan

EvanVanVan

Mar 1, 2019
NJ
Very helpful thank you, and even makes me lean towards going with the OEM charger on the off chance it has a more accurate picture of where the phone would lay.

Reactions: Jejunjm

tlr1000

Jun 14, 2018
Vancouver
I have a Nomad charging pad and it worked perfectly with my Pixel 3 and now also perfect for my Pixel 5. No adjusting height of phone necessary.

EvanVanVan

Mar 1, 2019
NJ
I just wanted to update this thread and say the pixel 5 and the OEM wireless charger work perfectly together. Super easy to drop on the pad in the expected location and it charges without any alignment issues.

• Informative
Reactions: dasn

bradknit

Sep 26, 2020
Richmond Hill
Topic, does it work reliably? I don't have much experience with wireless chargers, but I tried to use PopSocket's PopPower wireless charger and I couldn't get the charger to work reliably due to alignment issues. For anyone with the Pixel 5, is it simple enough to drop it on the pad and have it "just work" or does it take some fiddling with to get it to not stop?

I'm considering upgrading my 2018 Model 3's USB-A ports to USB-C (Model 3 new USB C center console data hub from model Y?), but only want to order the Tesla wireless charger and "phone dock bar" (?) if it works well.

Thank you
When I took delivery of my 2020 M3P in Sept 2020, the first thing I did was upgrade my Pixel 2 to the new Pixel 5. Wireless charging works perfectly in my 2020 MP3.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC